NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy
Post removed 
I have been a user of Ben's power cords for some time now. I am a distributor and the customers I have sold these cords to have replaced $7000 power cords from the likes of Argento and Verastarr, among others. EVERY person I have sold a power cord to has replaced the cords in their entire system with the Mojo Audio cords. That should say something in testament both to the build quality of these cords and to the performance.

Ben doesn't reinvent the wheel with his power cords. Like everything audio, the simpler the design, the better it sounds. Just because he is using a vintage wire does not make it out dated. Let's face it, Western Electric INVENTED all of the math and terminology involved in audio. All of that math is still involved today. They knew what they were doing when they designed this wire.

Given that the wire is still around after 50 years and there aren't reports of fire, I have NO idea what you guys are worried about. One would think that a wire, designed specifically for power, would have some kind of warning along with it after 50 years of use around the world.

Arguments will fly forever about anything. But ultimately the proof is in the listening. If these cables weren't what we say they were then Mojo Audio wouldn't be building the reputation that it is building.

I work in film and on a set I have burned out an extension cord. It got hot and cooked itself, but it did not catch fire. It was a 100' cable and was drawing FAR more current than any piece of audio equipment will ever be able to draw. As Ben stated, a cable will cook itself if it's not rated high enough for the amount of current being drawn through it. These power cables will never face that issue.
One of the major factors UL takes into consideration is the flammability characteristics of the insulation material.If a cord shorts out do to overload,or a pet walking by the cord moving it causing insulation failure.I would guess everyone here moves their cords to clean when they choose.The extension cord mentioned above must have had flame retardant insulation to keep it from bursting into flames taking everything with it.I myself like to see the UL listed marking on my cords.For digital audio, shielded power cords help keep out stray noise generated by radio stations,and possibly the power supply on one of your components.This is just my choice.
Can anyone name a high-end power cord that is UL listed? I can name one: Shunyata

http://www.shunyata.com/Content/technical-ULApproved.html

I personally don't like listening to an audio system unless there's at least a slight chance it'll burst into flames at some point during the listening session.

The Extension cord was a standard home depot-style extension cord of large gauge size. It just couldn't take the light's current draw. Bare in mind the lights we use are 3k to 10k lights, which draw a constant 10,000 watts... so they're not quite the common 40w household light bulb. But let's be serious... if bricks can catch on fire, then if ANY power cord gets hot enough, regardless of the UL rating it will catch fire. The Extension cord got quite hot to the touch, but it didn't catch fire. It blew the circuit first. And to repeat... we're talking a much higher current draw than any piece of audio/video equipment.

I second Sherod's comment, I NEVER see any high-end cables with UL ratings. Nor is it a common occurrence that cables catch fire or I guarantee there'd be some threads about it.