NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy
Hey Simply, these cords been running in my rig for about a year, how the hell are they unsafe ?
I think Rx8man lives right next to the local firehouse!

Simply do you know what wire that is being used in the cords? WE made a ton of different wire right?. Just looking to understand - I am not looking for any arguements.

Rx8man

Hey Simply, these cords been running in my rig for about a year, how the hell are they unsafe ?

And wiring in some peoples' homes had worked fine for years, until it failed and started a fire.

Look, the sad fact is that any clown can take some wires, slap connectors on them and offer them for sale as power cords. And many of them may ultimately be as safe as those made to meet accepted safety standards.

But I would never buy a power cable from an audio hobbyist without knowing that they were.

Bigkidz

Simply do you know what wire that is being used in the cords? WE made a ton of different wire right?. Just looking to understand - I am not looking for any arguements.

No, I don't know the specific wire that's being used in that particular power cord. But that just gives me more cause for concern.

The Western Electric wire that's most commonly touted out there is the cloth insulated wire, which is not something I would ever recommend for power cords.
Post removed