Is Stealth Sakra IC is really better than Indra?

I've used several ICs over the years including Nordost Valhalla, Tara Labs Zero and Siltech G6. I found the Indra to the best cable I've experienced (including the other Stealth cables), and still live happily with them for the past two years now (they are clearly among the best investments I've made in audio). Stealth came out with a new reference IC, the Sakra. I'm carious to hear from other users how better it is compared to the Indra. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to test it in my system. The rest of the system includes TAD reference 1 and MSB Platinum DAC IV signature.
alfredbac
Hmmm, well I have a Sakra, as well as the Indra. The Sakra I have had for a couple of months now, about 400 hours break-in time on it! I have had a number of listening sessions with it, the last one at about 250 hours. I plan to have another listening this week, at the 400 hour mark.

Off the hop I would have to agree with Kops, yes it is! Right out of the box it's better. In my experience it has gone through some growing pains in the break-in, and has also had some, shake your head in amazement, incredible moments in those first 250 hours. I am very much looking forward to seeing where it lands, where is settles out so to speak!! At that time I will spend some time swapping it out with the Indra, to do a direct comparision.

At this point I have to say that no matter how the Sakra turns out, and I think it's going to be strongly better than the Indra, I believe the Indra is an excellent excellent value at the used prices on here! I actually prefer buying used cable, this breaking in cable is painful. If you're on the bang for the buck program......you should be very happy with the Indra, I may just end up there myself! I am still open to the possibility the Sakra has potential to blow me away.....but yikes, it's not cheap!

I'll report more with more hours on the cable!
Bullot right on!

Yes Sakra needs good break-in and this period is painful as you said but since it is fully loaded with Helium I'd never risk to buy it used. I prefer to have a good deal from the Stealth dealer.
You never know what torments the previous owner passed it on.

IMHO the Sakra's break-in point is above 500hrs...

As for used Indras I totally agree, in such prices are high value for money!!!!
Well the 500 hour thing is good news Kops! I had heard another fellow say that it really comes together around 1000 hours, but if you noticed 500 and above, then I'm close! I can understand your position on the used thing, there are some really good deals right from the dealers these days........I do like to think that anyone who pays this much for cable would take good care of it, but you're right, you never know!

One question I have, and maybe it's a dumb question, nevertheless I'll put it out there for people! When breaking in an interconnect, do you need to have the amps on? If I am breaking in the source ic can I just have my source CD player running without the pre and amps running and having actual music coming out the speakers!! Are you actually getting signal flow if there is no work being done? Throughout this breakin I have had my system playing music at low levels! Thoughts anyone!
Hello Bullot,

You just need the component driving the interconnect to be on, so no, you don't need to have your preamp or the amp on to break-in the interconnect(s) coming out of your source.

Enjoy,
Tom