What to replace Nordost speaker cable?

I currently use Nordost Red Dawn speaker cables between a Krell 400xi and Focal Micro Utopia Be's. The cables are 2m long and I think sound pretty good in my system. That being said, they are a huge pain to connect and situate in my equipment rack because they are flat ribbon cables. I'm moving soon so now would be the best time to replace them.

I'm looking for recommendations, but I do like the "Nordost" sound or lack of or whatever it's called (no flames please). I've looked at Cardas, Kimber, Audioquest, etc. as they all have a good reputation and I'm not very familiar with other smaller companies. I will say this though. I tried Canare starquad cable and yes, it sounded different. Muted and rolled off highs, compared to the Red Dawn.

Another option might be to just get 3m Red Dawn for a little more slack.

Thanks,
gherrera1
gherrera1
Hi Gherreral,

If you like Nordost I highly encourage you to try the Clear Day double shotgun cables. I use them in my system along with NOrdost Valkyrja speaker cables and ICs. The Clear Day have better mid to low end response than the Valkyrja, which have better HF extension than the Clear Days, but not by much at all. I believe they are one of the biggest bargains around. Money back guarantee if you don't like them so trying them has no risk.
Hi Gherreral,

If it were me I would just move as far as I could up the Nordost chain. After 2 and a half years I'm still amazed what inserting Valhalla's into my system did. Enjoy your search.

best,
Tom

Thanks for the recommendations. I think that at the moment, a move up the Nordost line would be best.

I'm in the middle of a move, going to be about a month before I set my system up again.

Heimdall or Frey is what I have in mind.
Tom, have you heard the Odin yet? Now you too can go farther up the Nordost chain.

Ebm, I recommended the Stealth Hybrid MLT because I was under the impression that the OP was working within a budget, otherwise I would also have recommended the Dream. Though it does seem like I was right, and he is working with budget restrictions, like 99.99% of us.