The Best Cable??

I'm new to this forum so I'll begin with a rundown of my gear. I'm using a Krell KAV 250A amp going into a Conrad Johnson CT6 preamp. I just recently purchased a Bryston BCD-1 cd player. My speakers are Magnepan 3.6.

Interconnects are as follows, Kimber Kable to the speakers, Kimber Kable Hero from the amp to the preamp. Now, here's where I have a weak link, I'm using Monster Cable from the preamp to the cd player. I just recently purchased a pair of AudioQuest King Cobras to replace the MC. They should come in the mail today. That's what I'm running and I'm quite satisfied with everything. Although I feel the Bryston could perform better than it does, I'm hoping upgrading the cables will resolve this.

Any thoughts and or advice would be greatly appreciated.
hazard
I guess giving cable advice opens one to critiquing from the general population---but; hey I'll only live once so here goes.
I think the AU24's at not much money; used of course, will better everything you mention. Further; I think staying with one brand allows all the cables to work together doing the same things.
Now for the flame retardant.
Hello this is an article from a popular mag on the subject on exotic speaker cables. I just took out the names..read it and smile,knowing that for a few bucks you to can have highend sound.

Okay, but I wanted to hear the difference myself. At a Manhattan audio show room the manager Albert agreed to play a favorite tune through the shop's $140,000 Wilson speakers, first using $15 generic cables and then a pair of $25,000 speaker wires from high-end cable maker MIT. Could I tell them apart? They both sounded fantastic, but it was hard to hear the $24,985 difference. Albert patiently explained what to listen for: a tighter, deeper bass; more separation between the instruments. We tried again. I took a guess: Was the $25,000 sound a little more...spacious? Albert smiled the way you would at a toddler reciting the alphabet. "That's a very, very good way to describe it!" he gushed. I had passed the test.
Thanks for the advice. You're absolutely correct, "best" is what you like. I guess my real questin would be how much of a difference will the AudioQuest King Cobras make as opposed to the Monster Cables? Will it be dramatic? I was wondering if anyone made such a swap.
I too had a set of king cobras. I replaced my monster cable with the king cobras and they are much better in every way. That being said I have replaced the cobras with fusion audio. Better yet but not as big of a difference as when I upgraded the monster ic's. I would say you should be very happy with the AQ's. Give them a good 100 hrs to open up.