Aether Audio Black Box or Nuforce Magic Cube ???

Has anyone tried these black boxes that you hook-up at the end of your speaker cables yet? A lot of raves on the forums.
hifisoundguy
Vuckovic , I hope my dealer will send the other filters to try before the Nuforce trial period ends.

The Morrow cables and the Synergistic are very different cables.
In a way, its unfair for the Morrows because ALL of my other cabling is the top of the line Synergistic.
In addition, changing out the Synergistic cables is difficult and with the Active shielding it takes a few days for them to settle back in.

At this point, I want to concentrate on the Synergistic cables with the Nuforce unit.
But, I will say that the Nuforce unit had much more affect with the Morrow than with the Synergistic.
Ozzy, Synergistic Research is coming out with the Galileo cell boxes to catapult there Apex speaker cables to sound 75% closer to their $400,000 Galileo cables they showed at CES. I would wait and get the new Galileo cells that are coming out any day now. Call Ted and he will explain them to you. There are two different Galileo cells boxes one for speaker cables and one for interconnects and they are compatible with any speaker cables and interconnects from other brands as well.
Yoby,

You can use two per amp channel... but you don't necessarily "need" them. For Bi-Wire apps you can place them near the output of the amp and connect from the amp to the BB/MC with a short jumper. Then out of the BB/MC you connect both sets of wires as if they were being connected to the output of the amp.

If you did want to use a second set, you could place both pair at the speaker end, one each at the end of the bi-wire pair of speaker cables. Then of course you'd use jumpers to each of the speaker input sections from the BB/MC.

You just have to remember one thing... you only want to use one filter on a given amp output channel at a time. Where would you place it? You would want to experiment for sure, but I'd say to try the filters on the tweeter section first.

Actually, there are a bunch of different ways you can use the Smith Cell section and you can use as many as you wish with no concern for the safety of the amp or the speakers. We have yet to do further experimentation ourselves, but there's a good chance extra benefits can be had by putting a Smith Cell at each end of the speaker wire - amp side and speaker side. Heck... if you had really long speaker wire runs, you could even put a Smith Cell in the middle too.

The reason being that all this might be worth a try is that the effect of the Smith Cell extends both directions down the wires that it is connected to. Theory would suggest that the further the wire gets from the Cell, the less effect the Cell has on reducing phonon modulation of the electron current flow. In other words, as conductor material (speaker wire) becomes further removed from the cell, phonon vibration becomes more random due to thermal energy (heat) and less controlled/reduced by the effects of the Smith Cell.

As I said though, this is just "theory" and it is possible that the additional cells will have minimal to no effect. I guess that would be a good thing though as then we'd all know "one cell does the job" and therefore represents even further value. On the other hand, if additional cells do provide further improvement, then at least we know there is further improvement that can be had if we want to go that far.

If anybody does decide to give it a try, we'd be "all ears" (pun intended :-)and love to hear from you. I wish I had the time to experiment more myself, but I have a lot of other things on my plate right now.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Have a great week all and...

Take care,
-Bob
Aetheraudio,
Thank you for the additional info.

I found that with my Biwire Synergistic Apex Cables the Nuforce sounds better at the speaker end on the Mid/Treble leg compared to installing it at the Amp end.

This may because
1. The Synergistic Apex Cable have active shields that are powered at the Amp end
2. The Synergistic cables appear to be way larger in gauge compared to the jumper wire supplied with the Nuforce.