Aether Audio Black Box or Nuforce Magic Cube ???

Has anyone tried these black boxes that you hook-up at the end of your speaker cables yet? A lot of raves on the forums.
hifisoundguy
Ozzy,
To add to what Bob says, I have the equivalent of the weakest SCTH filter (mine are Aether Audio Black Box versions) on my treble boxes and I have Spectron Musician III Mark 2 monoblocks (and currently eval'ing the Sanders Sound Magtech amps..both very high power amps). The filter level is perfect; I would assume your SS level is too much for such a resolving and high power amp as the Pass's. Drop down a level or two and you'll be amazed! Amazed I say. :)
Ted
Well, I guess this filter is system dependent. I have the same amp as Ozzy - Pass 350.5 and prefer by large margin SCSS. With no filter I couldn't hear any big sound difference - placing filter I got huge 3D, very extended low frequencies, more dynamics and more transparency - you can see deeper in the stage. IMHO this magic cube is one of the best bargains on the market right now. If you can afford and place new Synergistic Galileo Speaker Cell in addition to cubes you will start to rediscover your complete music collection again...
Well perhaps my Synergistic Apex speaker cable with the active shielding makes the difference.

I should note that originally I tried the Nuforce with Morrow Speaker cable, now I have connected back my reference cables Synergistic Apex.
Vuckovic,
Because of your last posting I decided to give the SCSS Filters another go.
With those filters in place I can hear that there is a better center image for the vocals that is quite nice. But, the treble and the bass is still not as defined and deep.
In fact, I pulled the Nuforce unit out of the system and played my stereo without it. Without the Nuforce units there is a muscular sound that the Nuforce units robbed from the music.
Best I can describe it is, the Nuforce unit makes the music too polite (with or without the filters).

Again, originally I used the Nuforce unit with used Morrow Speaker cables that I had just purchased. My reference Cables (Synergistic Apex) along with the active shielding were disconnected for over a week.
Once I started using the Synergistic cables the defects in the Nuforce unit started to appear.

I am trying to get the dealer to send the other filters to try before I make a final judgement.
Hi Ozzy,
You are doing right thing. It seems that SCSS filter is not for your system - otherwise you should hear very easy a big sonic difference right away. I think that right filter choice depends on amp-speaker interaction. I have electrostatic speakers with transformer based crossover so maybe that is the reason for different sonic results I got comparing with your results. I would like to ask you a question: How would you compare your Morrow speaker cables + Magic cubes vs Apex alone please?
Thanks