Power Cables which take the soundstage back

Hello,
I have almost always focused on ICs and Spk Cables...but I always knew that Power chords also make a good difference. This is the first time I am venturing seriously into power chords. I am not looking for anything fancy. Primarily I see power chords should be doing the following:

a) Clean up the background noise (because of better shielding etc) which a stock chord would not be doing a good job at.

b) Provide good current capabilities which enables to make music denser, tones get more body and especially bass gets meatier and tighter (the last one normally happens more often)

These are primarily two things I am looking at.
I have tried some power chords in the near past and I have observed one common pattern:

1. Power chords which tighten up the bass (in comparison to stock chords) also bring the images a bit forward.

2. Some Power chords do a good job of taking the soundstage further back...I dont know how and why but I have seen it happening. Some of them end up presenting a bit loose bass in the process (only some of them)

So, for me at this point, a power chord which can take the soundstage back (without introducing anomalies like loose bass) would be a wonderful addition. Thats a very critical requirement for me. I am sure you guys would have experienced power chords which do such things. I am not intending to shell out more than $200 (new or used) at this point. Kindly suggest.
pani
This is the same Old Power cord arguments.
Let's just say that as your equipment improves the differences in cables will be more appreciable.
I can't believe I'm weighting in again on this point but some people are trying to make things which are subjective into absolute truth.

I tried to point this out with humor/sarcasm but it seems not to have had any effect on the tone of discussion.Your points and opinions are necessary for us to learn from each other in this forum but we all hear differently and are not always seeking the same things.

1)In my system at my house,which none of you have heard,power cords made noticeable changes to overall sound.
This comes as a complete surprise to me.I tried 3 different cords and have had 3 different sounds.This does not mean that at your house it will be the same.
2)The original poster asked for advice on cords which moved the soundstage back.He states he has heard this effect.I too have heard this effect and answered the question to assist him in his search.I'm pretty sure I'm not delusional in hearing this because this is something I do not enjoy or want, but again this is what they were looking for.
3)Nowhere in their question do they mention they own or have owned a power conditioner.This may be another area we are missing in this discussion. A lot of people with conditioners say power cords have less/no effect when using conditioners.I do not have a conditioner so maybe that is why I can here differences.We cannot even agree if it better to use a conditioner or not but I will at sometime try one and see for myself on my system.
4)It seems,from reading other forums, that better power supplies are not as effected by power cords.Maybe our power supplies are not as well made as yours.Maybe we could not afford or did not know the difference a good power supply had on sound and are doing the best we can to learn to make it better.This is where the point of spending money on better components is well taken.

The main point I am trying to make is we do not want to tell or imply other people they are idiots are mentally ill because they hear differently.If you haven't noticed the OP is in hiding.We who hear cord differences would never say that you have bad ears or that that your system is not good.I'm sure your ears and system are very good.I would hate for this opportunity to learn to start to look like the HATE I see when reading about politics and sports.

Sorry about this being so long.I am not a very good typist so it took a lot longer to type than to read.

Danny
How do better power cables "work"? They:

1. have better conductors than lamp cord (I.E. bigger gauge, fewer stands, better metal)

2. have better shielding and/or geometry that cancels RFI/EMI from getting into the wire itself

3. or, more importantly, have better geometry/shielding that prevents RFI/EMI from leaking out of the cord and interfering with your low level audio signals in your nearby interconnects or the fancy circuits inside your gear

4. have better connectors that grip IEC and AC plugs firmly and better alloys that more efficiently transfer current.

5. are fatter, with fancier wrappers that make their owners feel special.

To respond to some of the comments above that after market power cords are either a bunch of whoo-ie, or that at least beyond certain simple structural improvements have no real impact, I suggest that there is a lot of room for design improvements that can especially affect #3 above, and that this is the place where the greatest benefits accrue.

I hear differences in sound between $99, $250 and $800 cords. I agree that the incremental benefits decay exponentially with increasing cost, but some people are willing to pay for those differences whether it is with wire, electronics, speakers and room treatments. If you don't hear any difference between different power cables, then God bless you and all that money you are saving.

PS - I could not help but laugh out loud at Stewie's posts above.
Update. After 6 glasses of the 2006 Trotanoy Pomerol Kathy Bates looks like Gisele Bundchen.