Which power cord more important?

I'm thinking of changing my stock power cords for my cd player and 100 wpc integrated for better ones...however, I might have enough just to change one of them for now....am I right assuming that the power cord for amplifier will make a bigger difference than the one for the cd player?
branislav
Your assumption is not necessarily case. I've never tested AMP vs. CD player but I tested Transport vs. DAC and the Transport (first in the signal chain) benefited more from my best power cable.

Logically, you want to treat your components starting with the first link in the signal chain. Assuming power cords remedy some deficiency in the power the component is receiving, by the time the signal reaches the amp the "damage" is done.
Logically, you want to treat your components starting with the first link in the signal chain. Assuming power cords remedy some deficiency in the power the component is receiving, by the time the signal reaches the amp the "damage" is done.

Not necessarily. "The damage" introduced by each component is a matter of degree. Your logic ignores the possibility that the magnitude of the damage that will be introduced by the first link in the chain (in the absence of the better pc), as amplified by what follows, might be less, or even much less, than the damage that may be introduced by a component which is later in the chain (in the absence of the better pc).

See my post earlier in this thread, and the other thread I linked to, for some specific reasons why that possibility may occur. And why, in fact, lack of good shielding on the amp's pc may RESULT in problems being introduced earlier in the chain.

Regards,
-- Al
R1g_audio

I'm curious what cords you've tried on you V5. Do you have it plugged into a conditioner or into the wall? I've a cardas golden pc on mine (into the wall) and much prefer it over the stock cord. I'm going to be trying synergistic cords though and I'm betting they'll blow the cardas away.
Rlg, That's why I prefer a good quality components that work best with stock PC.
I also can do upgrades to tame the PS noise in any audio/video components which takes me to near 10x less spending on good quality semiconductors and passives vs. high-end PC.
Most of Macintosh equipment doesn't even have a detachable PC guess why?