I am sick of cables

I have owned cables like Nordost Valhalla, Purist Audio 20th anniversary, Acoustic Zen Silver Reference, Virtual Dynamics Revelation, Argento Serenity. I have also auditioned cables like stealth indra in my system.

All I can say is that I am sick of cables, don't want to talk about them, audition them, not even see them....lol

Right now I have found a great combination of less expensive cables than the above which are perfect with MY equipment.

I was wondering why studios that record the music we are listening are not using super expensive cables...

In my humble opinion IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE AFTER, the most expensive cables are not necessarily better...

I said it, now I feel better...
argyro
Stewie, lovely concise clarification. You never know, with society being inundated with the likes of the "Food Channel", who's overboard on eating. I find it shocking what some people spend on eating out. They could afford a nice system on a year's delicacies they shove into their mouth. They could also do something productive to aid the world - absolutely this also would apply to the obsessive audiophile who spends too much on gear without regard to society's/the world's ills.
Thanks Douglas--you're right, you never know, and my shock is your shock. But like you, I find myself saying jc what a waste: $60 for a bottle of wine when you could have a Nos Mullard gz32, er, I mean, 20 meals for the homeless. The Bard said it best:

"If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do,
chapels had been churches, and poor men's cottages
princes' palaces." Cheers.
"cables" are a special chapter. I know a family, the Dad is a true "100% fanatic Audiophile".
His kids don't call him "Dad", they call him "Cable" :)
I am no expert but my opinion continues to be that expensive cables make a very subtle impact. An entire system of very expensive cables can easily exceed $10,000. I suggest finding a good cable that is transparent and spending the savings on upgrading components. For instance if I have $15,000 speakers and $7500 worth of speaker cables, the sound would ultimately improve more if I substituted $1500 for good speaker cables and $21,500 for an upgrade in speakers (and so on).