Average age of audiophiles

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about the average age of audiophiles. One of the owner of an audio store told me that he has a lot of customers in their mid 20s that buy really high end gear. Personnally, I would think the average age is above 40. I really can't confirm since I'm the I don't know anyody else crazy enough (or passionnate) to get a sound system as expensive as a car...

Also, how old were you when you started this hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 26 years old. I got interested in this hobby when I was around 17...

Thanks everyone...
lgregoir
I purchased my first "stereo" at 17, but probablly didn't get into audiophile equipment until I was 23-25. I'm now 51 and have put about $1000 or so each year into my system. Buying mostly used, but some new, my system is now:
Krell KRC-HR pre
Krell KPE Refference phono
Krell KSP20i CD player
Krell FPB300 amp (just got it)
Oracle mk V / Graham 2.2 / Benz Ruby 2
JM Lab 920 speakers
Nakamichi LX5 cassette (which I still use for the car)
Quad FM4 tuner
Krell and Transparent cabling
Arcici and Bright Star stands and platforms
Transparent line conditioner and dedicated lines
ASC tube traps

I hate to think about how much I've spent, but when I listen, it is worth every penny.
Mike
Let me make one thing clear. I look under 30 (you just have to trust me!), think like 20(Crazy spending-600+ ties, 20 some Armani/Versace suits,60+ pair of good sunglasses,any many more goodies, house full of expensive furniture-, love cars- a boxter S, next on my list/girls-my wife and daughters silly), actually am 43. Audiophile since 18, but got the real rig 4-5 years ago. Somtimes I wish i had not spent that much in cloths and stuff an got 'better' rig.
Actually, Tim, I got a lot of respect for you. A 20 year old with some dough has lot of other priorities. And you like techno!
I am 17 and started to build a serious system 2 years ago. this hobby quickly eats up a teenage budget and i only have modest system.
I am 25 years old today and I got started in this insanity when I was 16-17 and had no idea what I was getting myself into at the time.
Tim
Timperry-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Nilthepill-It is hard, I have too many interests and a shortage of monetary units!! If it wasn't for cloths, cars, watchs, guns, audio and the true evil women! I would be able to retire tomorrow, as it stands I could retire tomorrow but I would have to die by sunday :) That being said I enjoy audio and damn well should for having a little over 50k(msrp) into my system. Fortunatly I am able to afford new gear(finally) and am really going to step up to the plate!!!