Average age of audiophiles

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about the average age of audiophiles. One of the owner of an audio store told me that he has a lot of customers in their mid 20s that buy really high end gear. Personnally, I would think the average age is above 40. I really can't confirm since I'm the I don't know anyody else crazy enough (or passionnate) to get a sound system as expensive as a car...

Also, how old were you when you started this hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 26 years old. I got interested in this hobby when I was around 17...

Thanks everyone...
lgregoir
I will respond with a question--normal human years, or audiophile years? Sort of like dog years, but the opposite, such as when your significant other asks you "why are you selling that piece of equipment, you just bought it six months ago" (which is true) and you respond "no, I've had it for at least three years". By that measure, I'm 306 years old.
I'm apparently one of the resident "geezers" at age 59. I became seriously interested in the audio hobby in 1962. I'm not sure that this thread will really provide an accurate picture of the average age of audiophiles, since many of the old-timers in the hobby may not spend much time on the Internet. Many of the guys I know who are older than me really don't use the Internet, and thus won't get captured in this survey.
I purchased my first "stereo" at 17, but probablly didn't get into audiophile equipment until I was 23-25. I'm now 51 and have put about $1000 or so each year into my system. Buying mostly used, but some new, my system is now:
Krell KRC-HR pre
Krell KPE Refference phono
Krell KSP20i CD player
Krell FPB300 amp (just got it)
Oracle mk V / Graham 2.2 / Benz Ruby 2
JM Lab 920 speakers
Nakamichi LX5 cassette (which I still use for the car)
Quad FM4 tuner
Krell and Transparent cabling
Arcici and Bright Star stands and platforms
Transparent line conditioner and dedicated lines
ASC tube traps

I hate to think about how much I've spent, but when I listen, it is worth every penny.
Mike
Let me make one thing clear. I look under 30 (you just have to trust me!), think like 20(Crazy spending-600+ ties, 20 some Armani/Versace suits,60+ pair of good sunglasses,any many more goodies, house full of expensive furniture-, love cars- a boxter S, next on my list/girls-my wife and daughters silly), actually am 43. Audiophile since 18, but got the real rig 4-5 years ago. Somtimes I wish i had not spent that much in cloths and stuff an got 'better' rig.
Actually, Tim, I got a lot of respect for you. A 20 year old with some dough has lot of other priorities. And you like techno!
I am 17 and started to build a serious system 2 years ago. this hobby quickly eats up a teenage budget and i only have modest system.