Average age of audiophiles

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about the average age of audiophiles. One of the owner of an audio store told me that he has a lot of customers in their mid 20s that buy really high end gear. Personnally, I would think the average age is above 40. I really can't confirm since I'm the I don't know anyody else crazy enough (or passionnate) to get a sound system as expensive as a car...

Also, how old were you when you started this hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 26 years old. I got interested in this hobby when I was around 17...

Thanks everyone...
lgregoir
I'm 23 now, but I wouldn't say I walk into shops and buy their most expensive gear. I started with high end probably about the age of 18. In just a few months, I'm out of college and in the real world where I can hopefully make real buy and better equipment than I have now. You 40 year olds that started not too long ago have an advantage in that most of you could usually afford to drop $3-4K on a system to begin with and build from there. I never had that chance, but I guess that's part of the fun, right?
I'm 42 now, but have been an audiophile since age 17. Lesson to retailers: the teenager who's "just looking" today becomes the customer of tomorrow.
thought i was there, for many years with a marantz receiver and speakers. when i moved the marantz didnt relocate until i did, it stayed where i was.
only been infected and upgraded about three years.tipping the scales at 52 yrs old.
as with most posts still 18 at heart...attended a sevendust concert last week. what? cant hear ya, might take another week or so. kurt
I have been into listening all my life. I decided to get serious and dove into this sport about 6 years ago. Still learning to swim. Currently 32 and rising.
My dad had a Zenith hi-fi in the '50s. I bought a Pioneer system with a Teac tape deck in the late '60s and gave it all away in the '80s. With the help of my son, Brian, I have begun putting together a better system - Ikemi, Plinus, B&W - and I am 52. Now I am acquiring CDs. Some vinyl in storage but no turntable. Joel