Interconnect cable upgrade disapointment

I have recently upgraded my Audioquest Topaz XLR interconnects from my amp to preamp and from my preamp to my CD player with Audioquest Cobra XLRs. I was expecting to hear a substantial difference based on the significant price difference between these cables but I hardly noticed any difference at all. If I need to break in the interconnects to have an apples to apples comparison I would appreciate tips on how to do so. Currently, I have a CD playing on repeat. How long will the break in period take and can I expect to observe a substantial difference? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
papajoe
I would think to be fair about 100 hours you should hear a nice change...,but don't expect miracles........
Cables are OH SO system dependent, you always want to try out the cable before buying it. Also... if these cables have those batteries as some Audioquest cables do, they are always broken in. When I auditioned cables for my system, Audioquest did very well. The only thing better in my system (maybe yes, or maybe no for yours) is Anti-Cables.
listen to them for a few weeks and switch back (if you still have them) and see how you feel. The better qualities of new cable can sneak up on you sometimes...