Best way of connecting bare wire to bare wire

Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question - I've always had speakers and speaker wires with banana type ends. Now I am trying the whole 'magnet wire' thing (solid core copper 14 awg) and also changing to Magnepan MC1's and MMG-W's. These speakers have multi-strand bare wires coming out of them, and my copper 'speaker wire' is bare as well. My question is, what is the best way to make a high quality connection between a multi strand bare wire and a solid core bare wire? Solder? Crimp connectors? Just wondering what people out there are using in this situation. Thanks!

Brad
bfrank1972
I believe there's nothing wrong with commenting/posting, as long as you disclose the fact that you are a cable manufacturer.
The wire nuts suggested by Riley804 will make an excellent connection. However, you must take care that your audiophile buddies never see what you did. If the secret gets out say that the wire nuts are cryo treated.
Anyway you want will work fine - I tend to agree with Eldartford. Wire nuts are simple, secure, and inexpensive and there isn't any downside. Get the yellow wire nuts and say they are then refer to them as the Gold wirenuts - better yet, add a drop of paint on the outside market them for $39 a pair.
Sonia, I think most here would welcome your input, given your background, especially as you've declared your 'conflict of interest'. Welcome to Audiogon!

On the topic, my method for good physical and electrical connection would be to tightly twist the ends together, solder and then heat-shrink the join.
Thanks very much for the welcome. I like the idea Carl109. Crimping can be slightly better than solder just because no solder is as good as the wire used in decent cables, but it depends on how well the crimping welds the metals together. But your suggestion is simpler, practical and will, as you say, work fine.