20amp IEC connector with a 15amp plug PC? ??

I m puzzle what is the difference between a PC with a 20amp IEC and one with 15amp IEC but same 15amp plug and drawing from the same circuit? Noticed most PC with 20amp IEC are sold with 15amp plug. Currently using a power amp which accepts only 20amp IEC. TQ you in advance
128x128audioblazer
Don_s, I dont knw for sure whether any hifi set up will draw more than 15amp. From what I read most do not exceed 12amp. That is why I started this thread to get some education. I maybe wrong I suppose tq
Audio, Amps, for one, like current and enjoy AC with low impedance. There are at least two classes of connectors NEMA specs as 120 or 240v. I use BOTH on one of my Krell amps. I had it built for 240v, so it has a 20A IEC input and a 20a 120/240v male. 20A (single) wall outlet. How much current (I know that is a big word for some of these forum pontificators) do you think a 5x200 amp will draw as it sees lower and lower impedances? Such as when the volume goes up? How much better do you think a product capable of drawing power will work when supplied with that power? Z.
Zieman writes:

I had it built for 240v... How much current (I know that is a big word for some of these forum pontificators) do you think a 5x200 amp will draw as it sees lower and lower impedances?

When playing multi-channel music or movie soundtracks, the real-world max current your amp will draw is between 5 and 8 amps at 240v. That's full-tilt, all channels active.
Rex, has it right and in the proper perspective. Even if one's amp is pulling 1200 watts, that is 10 amps current. At turn on or start-up the amp might 'pull' more amps to charge the capacitors, but then that is for a 'miili-second' and no cause for concern.
Microseconds concern me. Dynamics concern me. 800x5 @2ohm equals what for draw? I wish I had three phase! Any mathematicians or EEs ever wonder why some Levinsons, Halcros, should I go on(?), are ONLY available 240v 60hz? Sixth grade math anyone? Z.