Alpha Core Goertz

Anyone else notice that their customer service is beyond unhelpful...but insulting?

I tried to order 2 banana plug terminations with them and one month later they've yet to send them. Dropped the order twice.

I'm selling these cables and working with a company that can help me. Too bad they lost my business for a $30 dollar order.
abdou
In fact, your tone, Jtimothya, is EXACTLY the same one that I got from AC goertz. Are you an AC rep?
I suppose the purists who choose to use the speaker cables sans standard terminations such as spades or plugs might find the cables fragile. The recommendation to use the free zobels Alpha-Core offers with loan or purchase of their speaker cables is well documented. In the unlikely event one fries their amp because they choose to ignore these many warnings, they'll have no one to blame but themselves.
It might be because their main business isn't audio ...it's making electrical parts for business. They may not care about a few dollars here and there when they deal with large contracts.

There's the example you asked for - you're speculating the company does not care about customers who make small orders.

Ok, you acquired some cables and need different connectors on them. The fact that you bought them and now need different plugs does not sound like the fault of the vendor. You tried to place an order and had a problem. Sounds like you talked with two different people and each didn't know what you told the other and your order fell through the cracks. Now, because the second person didn't apologize to you and offer to send you free plugs, you *feel* insulted and got your undies in a bundle. Maybe thats how you feel. Sure maybe anyone might experience a little frustration. But I don't see where it warrants attempting to smear the company anonymously.

The world isn't perfect everyday. But this does not sound like you've been egregiously ripped off or received false promises. Does your thirty dollar order mix-up warrant an anonymous attack in a public place? I haven't read that someone actually said anything to you that might be considered an insult. And we only know one side of the story.

Imagine an equally anonymous response using your same logic: "well I've heard they have great customer service and you musta been rude to Dawn and affronted her dignity to get that kind of response". Just speculation, ya know - how would that anonymous message feel to you?

What do you want? Do you want the self-satisfaction of whacking at them with no liability to yourself? Maybe accrue a little sympathy while getting other anonymous posters to pile on? (As in Ctb's 'do you still beat your wife?' message.) Do you want to harm their business or teach them a lesson? Or do you want the banana plugs? There is no evidence of anyone acting in bad faith - this sounds like a simple mistake on someone's part.

I'll suggest it is far more effective to contact the manufacturer and calmly explain the situation - maybe send them an e-mail so you have something to reference. Or maybe it is simpler to just start over and pretend you are making a new order.

I never claimed that AC made any false promises or ripped me off in any way.

I only stated that they were rude to me, a paying and repeat customer, as I was also trying to purchase the correct terminations for them (which was my fault for getting cables before getting the amp).

Certainly, someone there made a mistake. That can be forgiven. What can't be forgiven is to blame the customer. It isn't hard to say "sorry I made a mistake and I'll help get that corrected." Everyone makes mistakes and that's a given. (and forgiven) However, if you tell me "I didn't make a mistake and you never called and talked to me and sorry I can't help you." Well that's a different story." That is adding insult to injury. Further, they didn't offer to correct the situation, but then referred me to one of their subcontractors.
And as previously stated...I did call and try to correct the situtation, not once but TWICE. Only after a month am I posting this....this didn't happen after a single misstep.