Noise Destoyer Power Conditioner

Has anyone tried this unit from the Cable Company ?

I have , I plugged it into my Shunyata Hydra 8 on a dedicated circuit.

It takes about an 1/2 hour (and continues to improve) to see the effects on Video but the colors are deeper and the picture quality is much improved. High def is really great!

On Audio, I have my APL and Pass Labs Amp on other dedicated circuits , but even so, the Audio definition improved quite a bit.I couldnt believe it.

I dont know what it is doing but it only cost $179.

I am going to order another one to be used with just my Audio.
128x128ozzy
I tried plugging the Noise Destoyer into the same dedicated outlet that my APL Player is plugged into.

For over a week I couldnt figure out what had happened to the treble and the dynamics.
I blamed it on the Quick Silver Gold paste I used on my connections.
It turns out it was the Noise Destoyer . It was sucking out the treble and there was an apparant loss of dyanmics.

Once I removed it and put it on a circuit with only Video the treble returned along with dynamics.

I have ordered a couple of Alan Maher Power Enhancers and I wonder if that will have the same effect?
Ozzy, please let us know what you think of the PE from Alan Maher. In my system, it made a noticable improvement in both video and audio. Allow about a week of break in, however, I heard a noticeable improvement after just a couple of days. Also, I recently e-mailed Alan to buy another one and his wife jen informed me that Alan was on tour( he's a sound engineer) and won't be back until mid-August. I don't know when you ordered your PE, but if it was fairly recently, Alan hand builds the PE to order so you might have a little longer wait than usual. Jen told me that I could still place my order as Alan builds them in the order received. I decided to hold off until Alan returns on ordering a 2nd unit to get an idea of his schedule. I'm in no hurry as the one unit is providing me a much improved listening experience and with more time I'll be better able to evaluate where the 2nd unit will benefit the most in my system.
My PE order from Allan Maher was sent out last Friday after waiting several weeks. I ordered 2 of them.

I hope to have them within the next few days.

After the Noise Destoyer experience and knowing that Alan Maher units also take about a week to break in , I may put them on a Video only circuit for the first week before trying them in my Audio system.
Ken

I am sorry for the delay of your order. We had a part problem. We ordered cases back on July 1 that took an extra week due to a back order. When the cases finally arrived we lost 60% of them because they were broken during transit. When our next order arrived all pre-orders were filled. According to our records you placed your order on July 13, 2007 (order shipped July 27, 2007). At the time you placed the order you were informed of the part delay. Your comment of several weeks is a gross exaggeration.

If you plan on installing the PE into the audio circuit I suggest you do it right out of the box. The PE itself does not break in. The circuit must adjust to the filter, and it can take up to several days pending the size of the circuit and the size wire used in the wall. Every time you reinstall the filter you will experience the same circuit adjustment.

Jen Maher
Jen, chill...
I received the units today, thank you.
I wasn't really complaining about the wait and I do not think it was a gross exaggeration. It took several weeks to get it.

Thanks for the info on installing the unit.