Affordable Power Cords

Looking to replace the stock power cord on my Jolida 502A tube integrated amp and am considering purchasing Signal Cable's MagicPower power cord. But before I do so, I was wondering if other have had experience with this power cord and what their thoughts are about it? Also, would appreciate some suggestions on other affordable power cords ($50 - $100 range).

Thanks.
cleaneduphippy
I was fortunate to receive a free Virtual Dynamics Power 3 power cord from Rick, and the folks at VD. I've had it in the system for a short time, but have already noticed some very nice changes. The overall sound quality has been lifted to another level, like someone pulled heavy covers off of the speakers. When I posted my virtual system, I had commented on how the CD player had a much narrower soundstage than the analog end. After installing the Power3, it really opened up, and I find that I'm listening to CD's more now. Played Steely Dan's "Everything Must Go", and was moved by how much better it sounded, more real, more there, actually performing in the room.
Thanks Rick. It's getting closer to where I want to be.
Glad you're all enjoying them.

I was looking to see how similar your findings were to our tests and this has been very helpful to us as well. So, I should thank you as well for giving your feedback so... Thanks guys!

What you're hearing, at least for the most part, is the result of reducing mechanical vibration in the incoming power. It is best usually to use the cable on the source as the better (cleaner) the source or signal quality the easier it is to amplify and the more truthful the reproduction. Our view is this: better audio is all about better devices. We see science pointing us as toward energy efficiency as a means of building sounding audio.

That leads us to what we did in the Power Three cable you have, you see, eliminating vibration is now commonly understood to lower noise-floor and audible distortion. Treating or reducing vibration at the source makes good common sense so this is what the device (plug and play modifications, we call them) is designed primarily to do. If you can successfully lower vibrations in the audio path at any point you will allow more signal to flow in replacement of that vibration, or at least, that's the theory.

Your observations are the helping us to further verify this. So far your findings are pretty much on par with our predictions of what the cable should do, and the audible result of lowering noise. I might add we have consistently found this result over six years now and thousands of observers. In fact, it all started right here on Audiogon six years ago with our very first plug and play modification product the Power Three.

This is why I choose to do part of our give away with Audiogon members as you indeed started us and continue to support us in our unique ideas about how to make audio a greater pleasure, at least for some those who will give different things a try with an open mind and open ears as you have done, so thanks again to all of you here at Audiogon.

Have fun with them and keep us posted.

Rick
Rick, in cased you missed this, here are my listening impressions. I tried posting this link before, but it apparently didn't stick. Absolutely loved the cord.
That is very cool Wellfed! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for posting your comments on the Power Three experience. BTW did you find much change after some use even with your break-in/conditioning treatment?
Rick