Cardas Golden Presence - anyone familiar?

I have recently switched to Golden Cross interconnects (balanced) and have been extremely pleased with the results. I will be eventually replacing my Cardas Quadlink 5C biwire speaker cables in the next couple months. Golden Cross seems like the logical choice but I was wondering if anyone has heard the Golden Presence (their latest cable line). I briefly tried the neutral reference ICs and found it a little too sterile so I will also be staying away from Golden Reference as a possibility.
adamg
the presence is listed below the golden reference on the cardas website but according to the prices on fatwyre.com, the presence is significantly less expensive than the golden cross ($700/m vs $870/m).
Therefore, I'm assuming the sound is closer to the cross than to the more revealing reference series.
I auditioned Cardas Cross, Neutral Reference, Golden Cross and Golden Reference *interconnects* a couple years ago. I ultimately bought Golden Cross: both Goldens had a lot more resolution than NR & Cross, but the slight added warmth of GC aided my system and ears over GR. But I found NR to be one of the best $500 ICs out there, far better than Cross, which was too syrupy and congested for me.

A couple months ago I was auditioning speaker cables, including Neutral Reference and Golden Presence. The NR spkr cables had all the great attributes I liked in the ICs. I had high hopes for the GP, but rather than filling the gap between NR and GR as expected, it seemed to be a 'cross' between regular Cross and NR. I could discern NO advantages in resolution, detail, smoothness between GP and NR that differentiated the GR ICs from NR. For the extra $$, it seemed to be just a warmer NR -- which is not a bad thing at all for a lot of systems. But now I had the 'warmth' with my ICs and the rest of my system and needed a more neutral cable. So for me, Golden Presence didn't justify its pricepoint closer to their GC/GR series.

BTW, after LOTS of A/Bing, the final contenders were NR and Wireworld Polaris 5. I chose the WW in part due to closeout pricing, but still wonder if I'd be a smidge happier with the Cardas NR...
Thanks Sdecker - I too am looking for new speaker cables and was considering going with the GC since I have been very happy with the ICs. Do you think that an all GC cabled system would be too much of a warm sound?
An all GC system *may* be too warm, but it sure depends on system setup, components, acoustics and preferences. George Cardas is no dummy so it's likely there's a synergy there that keeps the sound from going overboard. You'd certainly be getting the resolution + a bit of added warmth with the GC spkr cables, but for the $$ you should.

I think the extra $$ for GC over GP would be money well spent given what I perceived of much greater resolution (GC vs NR ICs) vs no greater resolution (GP vs NR spkr cables) and probably equal warmth over NR in both cases...

I can't recommend the Cable Company highly enough for auditioning esp the higher priced wires so you can be more confident about how things sound.