Stupid question on Power Cords?

My Shanling STP 80 and T200 came with stock power cords, after careful review I notice that they are OFC and have hospital grade Marinco connectors both look pretty well built however I was looking into upgrading but most of the power cord upgrade have the same components as my stock power cords. Is there any benefit to an upgrade? I know that my equipment is Chinese made so I personally dont know if they have built a good quality cord but in my eyes they look pretty damn good.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
chgolatin2
What's that old addage, there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people. Or something like that. All joking aside, I have switched out every stock power cord on every piece of equipment I own over the years. I highly recommend it. My suggestion is to find a local dealer and try a few different cords and see if you see a difference. I have found a big difference in amp and preamp cords, not as much on the digital side. It may be different for you. Good luck.
Here's the problem (and it's NOT about 'Chinese') Digital stuff needs a shielded power cord so it won't broadcast digital RFI (hash) into the air. Your stock cord MAY be shielded (it'll say right on the cord) however, even if it is, it's still no good -- here's why: to get UL approval, shielded OEM cords must have the shield connected to the ground pin of the plug at EACH END! Ground loop! Hum city!

If it IS shielded, you can cut off the IEC plug at the component end of the cord and install a new IEC plug WITHOUT connecting the shield. I've done that many times with otherwise good, shielded, OEM cords, and it works fine. Or you can buy an aftermarket cord with a floating shield and save the stock cord for when you sell the player ;--)