Retail pricing in classified ads

I have noticed that a lot of people that place classifieds ad are misleading with the actual retail price of the item up for sale. I am always careful to use the correct MSRP when placing a classified. It's a little frustrating to me to see others use false pricing information. Especially on products that I own or have owned and know first hand what the price actually is. My only advice to sellers not knowing the retail price is to leave that selection blank as some people do. Does anyone else have any opinions on this subject?
s7horton
Some manufacturers have different prices depending on geographical location. Thiel often has a differnet east coast vs. west coast MSRP.
Scott makes a good point about notifying the seller. I was looking at a pair of speakers here that were demos listed by a dealer. The stated retail price was $200 more than even the MSRP as listed on the manufacturer's website. I called and the dealer seemed genuinely embarrased and apologized by saying that it had been a typo. The dealer did have a decent rating, though I still had a nagging doubt. I know some do this intentionally, though I think in this case it was an honest mistake. On the other hand, my lingering uneasiness points to the need to be careful when listing. Might cost you a sale.
I know.I purchased my first vcr panasonic 2 box set up at 1150$.It still works.The first apple in 1978 I purchased for 2400 $.I agree.
V.R. Sola