Request recommended cables for my system.

If anyone has a system similar to mine and has found moderately priced cables, (IC, speaker, PC), with good synergy I would appreciate your input. I like a lively sound with low tight bass and extended highs and natural mids. I listen to a lot of Blues, and occaisionally any thing from Metallica to Mozart.

I think I would rather concentrate on I.C.'s and speaker wire for now because because they may be my weak link?

My system:

Sony SCD-777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk 11

First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk 11 > Plinius/Spectron amps

Plinius SA100 > bass modules of Von Schweikert VR5

Spectron M11 > mid/treble modules of VSR VR5

Cables I use now are older and include; old AudioTruth Argent and Audioquest Cobalt speaker wire.

IC's are JPS Superconductor +, and Purist Elementa.

PC's are CPCC Top Gun Special to Sony 777, CPCC 20 Amp Model 11 + to Sound Appications, CPCC Model 11 to Plinius, Shunyata Viper to Spectron, Sidewinder Gold to First Sound Pre, also using a Sound Applications power conditioner.

Thanks for any input,
Peace
128x128audionut22
P.S. I especially agree with 6ix_6ixty_6ix in the sense that it is an "emotional need to be closer to the music".

I too have listened in total darkness and it does seem to help to get into the music without analizing your gear.

By the way, 6ix_6ixty_6ix, how did you know I had OCD? Has my audio shrink been talking with you??!
You have an 'audio shrink'!!!?? I need to upgrade to one of those; I only have an Audio Advisor. 0_0
I want to thank all who have responded, and having done some research, I plan on replacing all IC's and speaker cable with Paul Speltz's anti-cable and anti-IC. I have read a lot of good feedback on AA and here on the Gon. Their price is very low and you get a 30 trial period from Paul. If anyone would like to chime in on their experience with the anti-cables, please do.

Thanks
i have auditioned many cable products. there is something special about chimera labs products. this is my reference cable. i am a fuss pot when it comes to sound.

his design and materials used are quite interesting. go to his web site and look into his products--www.chimeralabs.com .