Longer Power Cords Sound better?

In my quest for power cords, i have noticed that a longer cord say 6 or 8 feet tends to have a nicer sound in my system that the same models that are 3 or 4 feet.
Power cords i have found this to be true include Cerious Tech, Cardas, and VH Audio....anyone have an explanation?

AND by nicer sound I mean they tend to have a richer midrange, and a more coherent top to bottom presentation.
ie

Thanks Alex,

Regarding 1meter or less, we get at least 2 dozen direct queries (phone calls) a year for one-meter or less PC's, maybe half of which are asking after less than one meter.

These phone or e-mail queries are all directed to me and I do my level best to inform, not dissuade the purchase of a 1m PC. We will not make a shorter length, but I am aware of companies that will, and do.

There is a growing contingent of "I don't want my wife or I to see any cable" customers. They are out there and I hear from some of them. There is no great savings btw a 1m and a 1.8m power cord as most of the labor is in the terminations, so when I explain, most understand, other than those concerned more with aesthetics. Stll, we made over 900 1m power cords last year, so there are those that just order them outright, and have them. I'm guessing, but I'd predict most of those 1m sales were overseas.

Regards,

Mr Hogwash.
Thank you for the constructive remark BOJACK. Are you planning to share somefirst hand experience with us?
I dunno, Bojack could have meant that my little dialectic was hogwash rather than the topic of long power cords, guess I couldn't blame him if he did...

Grant: I have one 1m and a few 1.8m Sidewinders, and although the shorter cord hasn't sounded better to me, as I might have vaguely thought it somehow ought to, I've never done a rigorous comparison to try and find out (in part because recently I've only used the Sidewinders for my tube monoblocks, and figured both amps should get the same length cords). But I might extend the test to the Sidewinders just for yucks, depending on what I observe with my newer 1.5m vs. 2.5m cords.
Zaikesman, you should keep equal-length PC's on your amps. No matter which side of the length argument a person falls on, we're in agreement that length does affect sound. I would think that having unequal-length PC's would affect soundstaging.
I'll confess that I'm just itching to tell you what you can expect from your listening tests, but since that would 'poison' your mind, I'll refrain.
Stop concerning yourself with such nonsense and enjoy your system. No, there is no difference.