Longer Power Cords Sound better?

In my quest for power cords, i have noticed that a longer cord say 6 or 8 feet tends to have a nicer sound in my system that the same models that are 3 or 4 feet.
Power cords i have found this to be true include Cerious Tech, Cardas, and VH Audio....anyone have an explanation?

AND by nicer sound I mean they tend to have a richer midrange, and a more coherent top to bottom presentation.
ie
I dunno, Bojack could have meant that my little dialectic was hogwash rather than the topic of long power cords, guess I couldn't blame him if he did...

Grant: I have one 1m and a few 1.8m Sidewinders, and although the shorter cord hasn't sounded better to me, as I might have vaguely thought it somehow ought to, I've never done a rigorous comparison to try and find out (in part because recently I've only used the Sidewinders for my tube monoblocks, and figured both amps should get the same length cords). But I might extend the test to the Sidewinders just for yucks, depending on what I observe with my newer 1.5m vs. 2.5m cords.
Zaikesman, you should keep equal-length PC's on your amps. No matter which side of the length argument a person falls on, we're in agreement that length does affect sound. I would think that having unequal-length PC's would affect soundstaging.
I'll confess that I'm just itching to tell you what you can expect from your listening tests, but since that would 'poison' your mind, I'll refrain.
Stop concerning yourself with such nonsense and enjoy your system. No, there is no difference.
Here's some food for thought about longer lengths - It may just be true that a longer power cord could actually "sound better" BUT - this will vary from cord manufacturer to cord manufacturer. Why? Because many of the power cords are actually acting as a filtering device between the wall and the component, not just a power delivery device (or wire) that many of us suppose they must be. Recently I did a power cord shootout and discovered that quite a few of the respectable sounding power cords were also filtering as compared to some various DIY copper, silver, different sized guaged and cryod cords I had on hand (all of which were just designed to deliver raw power, period). With this in mind, it makes a perfect hypothosis that some cords will actually sound better (to a point mind you) if they are longer, since they may actually filter the noise to the component much better. Think about this guys, it actually makes sense!

BTW: None of my DIY cords could hold a candle sonically to some of the commercial cords that were obviously filtering in some way. (Have I perhaps uncovered one of "secrets" that differentiates the best cords from the also rans?)