Longer Power Cords Sound better?

In my quest for power cords, i have noticed that a longer cord say 6 or 8 feet tends to have a nicer sound in my system that the same models that are 3 or 4 feet.
Power cords i have found this to be true include Cerious Tech, Cardas, and VH Audio....anyone have an explanation?

AND by nicer sound I mean they tend to have a richer midrange, and a more coherent top to bottom presentation.
ie
You mean to tell me that listening to a "high quality" PC in a 6 foot length and then replacing it with the same manufacturer's PC (same break in time etc) in a 3 foot length would make an audible negative difference? If you actually believe that once you exchange these two cords you actually hear a negative difference than, like the barnyard animals that sense a storm before the farmer does, I want to be hanging around with you so I am saved from the impending doom! I heard that part of the movie "Anaconda" was filmed in the listening room of someone who is convinced that longer PC's always sound better.
C'mon you guys, be serious here. Everyone knows it's how you 'make contact' that counts. I find plugging n' unplugging really fast for a minute or so to do the trick...
Matty:
Which batteries sound best?
How many batteries is best?
Are there audiophile battery posts?
:):):):):) LOL