how can a line cord affect frequency response ?

i have personally auditioned over 10 different manufacturer's line cords. i hear differences. i don;'t understand how a line cord can affect treble response or bass response.

can someone provide an explanation ?
mrtennis
SpatialKing,
Sure that could work too. Do you plan to trigger on the ac-line frequency and run some test signals into a power amp, or do you have some other arrangement in mind. If you have a typical amp and speakers in your lab that would be best of course, to correlate the fluctuations in the musical signal to the changes in current as picked up by your inductive probe.

Please let me know how it goes.

I also agree that BIG expensive power inductors can be used to stretch the charging pulse and therby reduce ripple. It is rare to find this on most amps out there. I think Nelson Pass discusses this very technique on his DIY website devoted to the designs of his Aleph knock-offs.

Thanks for not giving in to the entropy.
I only would make one comment, and that is to say to buy and listen to what you like and want.

In the end, you only have yourself to please, as it is your system, and nobody else's.
Tvad,

First off, please understand that I'm not attacking you personally.

I did take a quick peek at those sites, but my initial response was that, AGAIN, they were from two companies marketing audio cables, thus the biased marketing claims. Just like with any other market of interest, an intelegent buyer should extract as much info from several sources. As with buying a new car, each manufacturer will hype their best features over the competition. It's the buyer's responsibility to weed out the nonsense, right? You pick the market, and the same behavior applies between the manufacturer and buyer.

I WILL agree to go back and read more of their technical info, but admittingly, I've read similar stuff to death. I'll be fair!
Post removed 
hi tvad, my background is economics, math and psychology, not law. my vocations have been software development and writing.