Suggestions for fully shielded power cord...

I need a fully shielded power cord for my Hagerman Trumpet phonostage. Budget is up to $500 new or used for about a 6ft. cord. What's out there for me to consider. Thanks
clio09
Audphile1, it wouldn't cost anything but a little of your time (and forgive me for that if you're a $400/hr. attorney!) for you to call or email the makers of all the cables you compared to get the actual specs, particularly shielding topology (connected at one end or both ends?) and especially conductor size. This would be very helpful to you in correlating what you're hearing to the construction of the cables you're using. My personal experience with amps and DACS has been the bigger the conductors, the better the performance FWIW.

Clio09, I agree, the 8 GA. is definitely overkill for a phono preamp, whether tube or SS. 14 GA. should be more than enough. Your comment "all appear to be shielded at both ends." is a bit confusing to me. Here's how it brakes down with respect to shield topology (layout):

1.) One shield (or two, like a braid over a foil, but acting as one) connected to the ground pin of the AC plugs at both ends. This is true for OEM supplied shielded cords because of UL regulations. However, by being connected at both ends, the shield can carry current. This arrangement creates two problems: a.) ground loops (hum) and b.) the shield becomes an additional (unwanted) ground conductor leading to electrical problems (capacitance/inductance) that can affect sonics.

2.) One shield (or two together as above) connected at only one end (floating). Most manufacturers connect the shield at the AC plug end, but some connect it at the component end (I don't know why and wouldn't buy one of those myself.) In this arrangement, the shield can't carry any current (no point-to-point connection) so it simply acts like an antenna attracting RFI and getting it (draining) to ground before it can add itself to the hot conductor. Or, with digital equipment, preventing the hot conductors (bottling them up so to speak) from broadcasting digital RFI produced by the component's power supply, into the air.

2a.) One variation is the "double floating" shield (Cardas uses this I think, and maybe some others like Virtual Dynamics?) Here, there are two (usually concentric) shields (like the foil and braid mentioned above) BUT they are insulated from each other and do not act as one. Instead, one is connected to only the AC plug, and the other is connected to only the component plug. So they're both floating, but from opposite ends of the cord. I've never (to my knowledge) used one of these -- sounds good in theory. Might be overkill for audio applications, I don't know.

3.) Shielding that isn't connected at either end. You can think of this as a ferrite bead or donut that has been stretched out or extruded to be as long as the cord itself! And just does its work by the sheer absorbing power of its material. A well-known example of this would be the Purist Audio Design "Ferox" shielding, a thick layer of powder or paste that surrounds the conductors. Another manufacturer uses a jacket of metallic beads to do the same thing.
Nsgarch, thank you. But I got better things going than calling or e-mailing power cord manufacturers. It would be great however if you can educate me and possibly few other people here about power cord design and what advantages and disadvantages each of the designs have. It certainly looks like you have conducted your research already. So why not share?
Nsgarch - Thanks for the clarification. Pure Note and Volex fall into #1 as they are UL compliant according to their literature. VH Audio uses foil and braid as in #2 from what I could gather. I am not sure about Silver Audio as they use soem type of mu metal jacket and 4 shielding networks in their cable. I did call Purist Audio and understand they use Ferox in a similar approach to Star Technology. I actually have an opportunity to get a Purist Audio Musaeus for a pretty good price. Would this work?
Audphile1, I always establish my short list (cables to audition) based on design and construction. Then I listen. I'd be happy to provide you with info about your choices, but have never had occasion to research those particular cables, so I don't have it.

Clio09, as you know, I'm a card-carrying Purist fan. Purist has never let me down. A perfect example occurred today: All my (significant) cabling is either Purist Venustas or Dominus. But I still have some oldie/goodies (MIT, Straightwire) in less critical places like FM tuner, cassette deck etc. Musaeus is the entry level Ferox shielded cable, and I decided to replace the oldie/goodies with it as the opportunity arose. Today I received a 1m Musaeus RCA bought from a member. I swapped out the old MIT 330 from my modded Technics tuner which I only listened to casually for NPR and background classical. I'd decided the recent mods and alignment didn't accomplish that much. Well boy was I wrong! Real "audiophile" sound came out, I was quite amazed, mainly because I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. You know, there was a time (ca. 1990) when MIT 330 was the best IC you could buy! Anyway, you're interested in a PC. According to the Purist specs, the Musaeus PC is 14 AWG which should be perfect for your Hagerman. It is foil shielded though, not Ferox like the Musaeus ICs.
If it is still available I'll give the Purist Audio a whirl. Otherwise I may lean toward the Silver Audio Powerburst 2. I've been wanting to try Purist Audio cables for a while (actually my Joule Electra LA-100 MkIII is wired with it) and as you said Nsgarch I did know you were very high on them.