Anyone tried Acrolink power cables from Japan ?

If so,how would you rate them against some of the "majors"
such as Elrod,VD& EG. Very broad question,I know,but would
just like to get a htnt of their capability.
128x128gousl9
Eddie777. I mean the exact opposite. The Tunasmi's are bold and detailed while the Acrolinks, an excellent cord as well, are more mellow and smooth. Both cables mix and match well.
My experience mirrors that of Mitchb. I bought both the Tunami and Acrolink from Audio Excellence and preferred the Tunami. Alan is great to work with and he provides a 30 day trial period so there is not much risk in evaluating each cable.
CLio99,
I do not claim to prefer one cord over the other. They just do different things in different applications.
Mitchb, I should have qualified that better. I came to the same conclusions you did regarding the sonic characteristics of the cables, which in my case resulted in a preference for one over the other.
After fooling around a lot mixing Oyaide plugs , can give you the characeteristic sound of the ones I know:

004 : Clean , ultrafast, a lot of data on HF , bass very controlled.
Using on both extremes : A bit harsh on bright systems.

079. Sweet . Great body. Great bass. Human voices are outstanding.
Using on both extremes: On dark systems and or tube based ones bass will be boomy and maybe a bit dark.

046: Is just on the middle of 004 and 079 , is more like the 004 tone.
Is neutral , fast, delicate, a bit more lust than the 004 (I like it).
Using on both extremes : No problems but is not as involving and inviting as combined plugs.

Using the 004 male and 079 iec , will get nice voices , a clean fast bass but with enough slam to be happy with it. Palpable instruments and dark backstage.
It is one of the best combinations out there .

The only time I disliked it was on a CD player that was extremely harsh , so I used the 046 as male.

Now to get the best on the Acrolinks I use
the same Oyaide plugs plus Furutech F-50's .

My best results are :

F-50 plug + Oyaide 079 IEC . Involving, inviting, seducting , SURPRISINGLY CLEAN ( considering the 079) .

F-50 IEC and 079 plug: Not as involving but acoustic instruments and voices never were so real.

F-50´s on both sides : Simply outstanding but don´t use that combo on all combinations of cords. System may go too polite IMHO.