Z squared AUAU gold alloy ICs, no image at all

Hi
I have just bough a pair of Z squared audio 2.0m AUAU gold alloy neutrik interconnects for my system. I put them between the dac and and the pre amplifier. I used to have a regular diamond back audioquest IC there. I put the z squared cable and the image lost a lot of focus. The voice was left to the center and the soundstage wasnt as clear as with the AQ. The sound lost the magic.
I would like to know if somebody has experienced the same with this ICs or maybe the cables need a break in. Or maybe Im doin something wrong.
Thanks
Alan Brain
alanbrain
The arrows indicate the directional flow of the signal. Thus FROM the source TO the preamp/amp.
Enjoy them. They are excellent cables.
Boa2, do you know what the deal is with the Zsquared cables...are there diffent flavours of these interconnects? The Z squared interconnects posted on the "official" Z squared website ( www.Z2audio.com) appear to be a completely different cable then the Zsquared interconnects posted at:

www.oregondv.com/Zsquared_Gold&Silver_Interconnects.htm

I believe the oregondv is a distributor for Z Squared audio ...I'm confused. Are they different cables?... if so, which one's are you recommending

Thanks
Wow, Rudd, good scouting! I'm not familiar with the braided cable offered by the Oregon dealer. I've only heard/owned these, and only the Au/Au version, which is their top 'o the line interconnect.
Thanks Boa2! I recently purchased a couple a sets of these interconnects ( in large part due to some of your previous posts) and couldn't be more pleased with the results. To my ears, they were real improvement over my SC ana2's interconnects. The bass on my Soliloquy's are tighter and the high's are smoother and more extended without a trace of glare.
Glad you enjoy them, Rudd. We preferred the Z-Squared to quite a few other cables in our system. They are particularly good at getting out of the way, and allowing the life of the music to come through.