BEST TONEARM CABLE PURIST VENUSTUS GRAHAM IC 70

HAS ANYBODY COMPARED PURIST VENUSTAS TO GRAHAM IC 70 TO HOVLAND MUSIC GROOVE 2 TO NORDOST TYr ETC I HAVE GRAHAM 2.2 TONEARM..
ebm
BTW-I too had the original IC-30.My friend did,as well.When we both moved to the IC-70,there was NO contest.The IC-70,here,was a clear winner.Please don't think I'm going on some IC-70 "binge".I would love to move to a possibly better link,but I have to be really careful,and follow my own methodology,unless some of you more well off Audiogoners would like to give me a freebie.

Best!
Speedy, you're right, I don't think I've read anything about the IC-70? The IC-50, yes, but not the 70. Is it something more recent?

Not that I'm about to give up my Venustas, or if/when I do, it'll be because I scored a killer deal on a Dominus, if John doesn't get there first, that is ;~))

No one ever mentioned it before John just did, but it's so true that as you move up to really great phono cables, you can "zero in" further on your TT/arm setup as you are able to refine the setup and hear subtle differences you couldn't before. For example:

Yesterday, I spent a couple hours re-leveling my TT and then arm/platter level match. Then redoing the anti-skate. The improvements in image and channel balance were obvious, not only to my ears, but I was using the Cardas record and a pair of accurate VU meters which I finally got set properly to match the specified dB levels on the record. What a trip! So guess what Virginia? You can make big improvements in your system for zero dollars + your time, and that's the 'art" part of this hobby (for those who may think I'm just a science guy ;~))

My next step I think will be to have the four Camac connectors on my beloved Levinson 25s phono preamp changed for RCAs (which the later models had ;~(( I can no longer bear the thought of four unnecessary contact points in my phono signal path! I was going to ask Jim Aud if he'd reterminate my Venustas RCAs with Camacs, but I was afraid he'd never speak to me again!
Nsgarsh,from my experience,you are dead on,and correct in your observations.There are numerous ways to keep pushing the envelope,if one is willing to keep learning,and go "hands on".Yet there is always the contingent who crave the "cache" stuff,which is fine with me,but the better systems I've been privy to belong to the "I won't replace it until I hear something better in my own room" crowd.

BTW-as of this moment(4:30 pm est)I'm really feeling like if I don't hear the Venustas in my own set up,I may be rationalizing,and never really know if I can improve upon what I already have.I'm getting a HUGE sales pitch from my friend(who went for his),and am having a hard time fending him off.Do you have any loose cash hanging around,that you can spare?
Sorry to bug you,again,Nsgarsh,but would you know the exact screw driver,used for taking out the batteries from the Digi-One stylus force guage.Also,the battery,and where it can be gotten.

BTW-you're a true "Prince",for being as helpful as you've been.Thanks!
speedy,

earthlink denies your existance

Do I have a Digi-One SFG -- I think it's actually called an Audio One SFG from Audioparts? Is that the one you're
referring to? I got mine on an Agon auction but they're
available (a lot) cheaper if you want to do without the
little offset platform (or make your own.)

Anyway, if that's the one you're talking about, you don't
need a screwdriver, just a ball point pen will do. There's
a small 1/8" half-round cut-out next to the rim of each
battery. You just stick the point of the pen in the little
hole pushing it gently under the edge of the battery and
it will just pop out.

It requires 2 x 3V lithium batteries No. CR 2032. Install
plus side up. Should be available at Walgreens Drug,
or any camera store.

Neil