Canare 4S11 Star Quad cables for speaker

how does this wire work for speaker application? I use it for my guitar cable with great results.
gretsch6120
Thanks, that makes sense. I was thinking of the starquad shielded mic cable design and how I've seen some people use that for cheap speaker cables.
The spiral wrapped starquad geometry when properly configured ( staggered polarity i.e. + - + - ) helps to lower the nominal impedance of the cable. This not only increases power transfer, but also broadens bandwidth and improves transient response.

Compared to a twisted pair, a star quad offers an appr 40 dB reduction in RFI / EMI radiation and susceptability. I don't have the figures as to how much "better" a starquad is in comparison to a standard side by side "zip cord" type design in these regards, but i would have to assume that it would be a staggering figure to say the least. I base this "assumption" on the fact that a twisted pair is far superior to zip cord and the starquad blows the twisted pair away.

Having said that, it's not fabulous cable, but it is much better than just about anything else that you're going to get for anywhere near the money. Sean
>
So while EMI/RFI and resistance could be reduced (matters only if it was a problem in the first place), what are the effects on capacitance and inductance?

Without knowing, I'd have to venture a guess that the (L/C) properties suffer in some way at because of the design to improve other properties (low EMI emission/low series resistance).

My point is everything (I know of) has a trade-off. If one is going to extol potential benefits, give equal billing potential drawbacks.

Again, it's fine cable for the $$. Just several different perspectives...
Post removed