Shunyata Vs. Nordost power cables ?

Hi there,
my post re the Thor Vs. Hydra has died a death.
Hence anyone compared the mains cables ?
I know some people firmly entrenched in either camp, a few enlightened individuals who mix & match but no one unbiased to outline the differnces.
I have been a long time Shunyata user (very happily) but the new cyberlinks are revealing a lack of pace and a darkness I'd like to address.
Really enjoyed some things some Electraglides brought to the equation (with judicious matching) but a) they have no ground and b)the connectors are sad & will not grip - if they don't grip, they are not likely to pass current and won't work to best advantage (imo).
Given Nordosts undoubted build quality, I'm wondering if they could be the answer. I don't like their i/c's or speaker cables but could use some of their pace & space, if held in check by the Shunyatas.
Cheers Si
simon74
Hi everyone! I just did some research regarding the copper slug for the original hydra. I talked to Shunyata Research who said that they used to supply a copper slug with the original hydra on some units and it does indeed sound better than the 15 amp slo bow fuse; however, they have no copper slugs in stock at this time. I was told the copper slug is "cryogenicly treated CDA101 copper", which is a very pure form of copper. If anyone knows of where I might find a copper slug, please let me know. I'm quite interested. Thanks! Sincerely, Stan
I've tried a few Shunyata Power Cables and have found them to be competent, yet pricey. Shunyata's Taipan Alpha barely outperform DH Lab's Power Plus AC cable on both a Bryston 3BSST amp and a Sony DVP NS999ES SACD/DVD player...yet cost many times more. And while the Python VX are an excellent cable, I have found that the Nordost Shiva will produce a greater dynamic range and coherence on the SACD/DVD player. Next month, I'll compare the Nordost Vishnu against the Python Alpha on my Bryston amp and Classe pre-amp.

I'd love to read more about Shunyata and Nordost comparisons.

Cheers!
Audiopur, I'm considering buying a Nordost Brahma or a Shunyata Python Alpha. More input from you is welcome.
Just waiting for your next round of Shunyata vs Nordost.
Si, I know this is way off the comparision you're asking for but... I am using new pcs from CryoParts and Locus Designs with outstanding results and for substaintually less money.
I have the origional Beast (from CryoParts) switched from the CD to the Integrated amp and now have the new Polestar (from Locus Designs) on the CD (The companies are brother & sister). The results are astounding!, very netural, fast and utterly dynamic. I will be posting a review for the new Polestar very soon and I have a review of the Beast posted already and yes, I will be drooling over both of these again
they are that good and I have tried others,thanks for letting me change from your origional question.
Any input welcome !
I have loaned out my Taipan Vx and have borrowed a Taipan Alpha to try on the power amp.
At present a Mini-Khan on cd and Harmonix cord on pre are giving very nice results - a liitle sat on but very natural.
A very different sound from the Shunyatas but I'm happy to try anything !Not through disatisfaction, just curiosity.
Python Alpha on it's way which I will try on my Supratek.
3 years on and many,many power cords later, I'm still amazed at the changes that can be made by taking 4 or 5 power cords and juggling them around on different components !
Si