Power Cord Burn-In

I know, I know...this has been posted before but I swear I searched the archives and couldn't find what I was looking for so here's my question:
Just purchased a new pc for my cdp.
Can I burn this cord in without turning up the volume( family factor) and can I leave my preamp and amp off during this process. In other words, can I simply throw a disc in my cdp and press play/repeat and let the music play with no volume?
Thanks!
greh
You don't need to model "all facets of the musical experience and its impact on the human emotion" in order to model the effect a cable has on the signal passing through it. Of course, once you know the effect the cable has on the signal, you also need to know whether that effect is audible to humans. There's a good deal of scientific work (outside your field, of course) on the latter question, Dr. Morris. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with it.
Bomarc:

".....Of course, once you know the effect the cable has on the signal, you also need to know whether that effect is audible to humans..."

I agree with the above but not the sarcasm. I am aware of the existence of "a good deal of scientific work" and have read quite a few of the papers. My point is still germane to this discussion: listening pleasure is the ultimate objective (I hope). In many instances this enjoyment cannot be correlated with the measurement of specific technical parameters.
Well of course it can't be correlated to measurements, since it happens inside your head. But you can't enjoy what you can't hear.

Actually, that's not true. You CAN enjoy what you can't hear. But in that case, your enjoyment is coming from something other than the sound of the component, so the technical parameters of the component are irrelevant.

When differences ARE audible, however, there is often a correlation between measurements and enjoyment.
Good, maybe we can use your expertise, once you give the idea of 'burning in' a chance.
Gmorris,

I've signed my name that way for years - since the early
advent of Usenet.

As other posters have stated - the "inexact science" of
"human emotion" and the "musical experience" is not germane
to this topic.

It is purely about how electrons transport in cables.

Your remark that we can model electron transport only under
"very restricted conditions" tells me that you have absolutely
no concept of the state of the art in the computational
physics of electron transport. With modern parallel processing
computers - we have greatly expanded the regimes in which
one can accurately model electron transport in cables to
very high order.

Gregory Greenman
[ You like that better? ]