Power Cord Burn-In

I know, I know...this has been posted before but I swear I searched the archives and couldn't find what I was looking for so here's my question:
Just purchased a new pc for my cdp.
Can I burn this cord in without turning up the volume( family factor) and can I leave my preamp and amp off during this process. In other words, can I simply throw a disc in my cdp and press play/repeat and let the music play with no volume?
Thanks!
greh
I would love to do a blind-folded A/B test with someone with there broken in and not broken in cables.
Scott, I'd be too afraid of looking like a goof when I guess wrong. I'm content living in my pseudo-placebo world. Heheh.
Information on the book, Electronic Properties of Materials, by Rolf E. Hummel, may be found here. It is more about the concepts rather than the pure mathematics and has been praised by many.

Brian (sp)
Dr., are your comments based on your listening experience or just theory? I am also a Physicist but I have learned not to take myself too seriously as you obviously do. Did you just receive your Ph.D.? I have learned over the last 35 years in audio to rely more on my "EARS" than Maxwell’s equations, etc. Stop being so pompous.