Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi

Hello again, Ivo!
Well, I've got nothing to say against your words as you are representing your thoughts honest as always. Thanks for repeating the short "review" of the 4719 (I've missed it somehow earlier). When having these words in mind it must have been a real and significant step up in sound quality!
Sadly, I won't be able to "lay my hands" on the 4719 cables for a while, but it leaves me the second "winner" the OTA.

I've "experimented" with "Impedance Matching Audio Transformers" (a European version similar to the Paul Speltz ZERO Autoformers) to a great result. So for the short Speaker cables i might use the OTA (which never leaves my mind entirely).
I wish you many happy listening sessions with your system!

Best Regards!
I saw a pic of the back of 47Labs new speaker hooked up with OTA and Spade Connectors.

I cannot find the pic again and has anyone tried this?

I have my wire wrapped around the binding post as was suggested to me by Steve Nugent of Empirical Cable.

TIA,ABEX
Abex:

A small area of contact has always sounded better to me (other OTA users have had the same results).

Wrapping the wire around the post may make a stronger connection, but it does not sound as good (especially in the LF's).

I place the bare wire through the binding post hole and then tighten down within reason. The cats do clip a cable off of the speakers now and then (they can't get to the amps) and because of this I have to check the speaker cables before powering up (my tube amps should always have a speaker connected to them during power up).

It's a slight hassle to go through (really more of a habit after all this time) for better sound. Try it both ways and see if it makes a difference in your setup.
I did and thoguht I was getting more sound back by wrapping.If I have to clip the wires again I will go back to the one strand.I did take notice that Yoshi was using a spade for the new speaker's so I was wondering about that.

BTW,I checked the site of the speaker's from NC and a great price.I have NEAR's and know the designer who developed the first commercial Metal drivers to be mass produced.He is a genius if you asked me.What I find appealing is that Yoshi is using Metal driver's also with OTA.That tell me that the synergy between the wire and speakers are a good match.

I am waiting patiently for my new speakers.Biting fingernails you might say.They shall be wired with cryo treated OTA probably and be the most advanced set on the planet,with an outboard active crossover.Some manufactures I have spoken to still use them as references and that also says alot.To say I'm jazzed is an understatement.

Happy Camper!
This might be a stupid question,but here ya go!

I have Eichmann connectors on 2 runs of OTA and is there any heatshrink that you have used that works effectively with OTA over Eichmanns.Would like to safeguard against accidently pulling the wire and losing the weld.Is that possible?

Have not heatshrunk anything in 20 years.

Thx,ABEX