Cable "burning": Real or VooDoo ???

While i have my opinions on this subject, i'd love to hear from others that have tried various methods of "burning in" cables, what was used to do it, what differences were noticed ( if any ), etc... Please be as specific as possible. If your a "naysayer" in this area, please feel free to join in BUT have an open mind and keep this thread on topic. Sean
>
sean
Oh Sean,apaologies, "chucklehead" myself. I misunderstood, no, I did not use anything to speed up the process. Just played music.
I have nothing new to add but will mention the old. I burn IC's in by runing the cable music station through our VCR to the television (with the new IC's in the link). This way I do not have to listen to them and they can run in most of the day(s). I have also used our second mini system (which is always used as a source only and is piped through either a Musical Fidelity or Audion amp), for speaker cable especially, but also IC's and PC's. This way the main system stays intact and listenable while the cable is being run in. I always do, out of curiosity, try new cables out first in the main system, but quickly tire of the sound (when fresh) and then send them off to the other devices. The only IC that I have used that required little to almost no break in has been the Mapleshade Double Helix digital cable which is a micro wire design. It sounded stable to me after an afternoon's play. I have also noticed that storing IC's (that are not in use) flat and not coiled seems top preserve most of their better sound qualities when they are once again installed. If an electrical current does not change the inherent characteristics of metal, then why does electro plating work? I also have a question about magnets (in this context), but don't know exactly what the question is.
Wen you by a new pair of shoes are they not stiff at first? Have you read on some product manuals that a breakin period is required(80+ hrs on anthem gear). New ic's and spkr wire are no different-burning them in is a must. I have set my tuner in between stations amd let the white noise do the rest.
South: Yes, new shoes are stiff. But leather is a very high-resistance conductor, and I find it really rolls off the high end (down, oh, 100 dB or so at 20 hz). YMMV.