Any Herron VTPH-2 Phono Stage Owners out there?

Has anyone recently purchased a VTPH-2? Any thoughts compared to other phono stages costing around the same price of $3,600? That still is a lot of money and a lot of good competition out there. I was also looking at a couple of the Sutherland units (the DUO and the 20/20).

Another concern is that I have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated Amp and was wondering how another tube phono stage would sound with the tube phono stage? Is it better to Mix solid state phono stage with a Tube Amp or keep it all the same (all tubes or all solid state?). My turntable is a VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet black cartridge. Thanks!
djfst
I noticed the same thing with all my moving coil cartridges. I prefer them with no external loading plugs so just infinitely loaded.
The PH2 is in my stable, and I consider its MM input to be extremely good. My preference is to run a step-up into the MM stage (bypassing the MC input).

I've heard only one phono stage with s-s in the signal path that I could live with, and it is not a production unit. I mention this, to lay out my biases, and because I suspect others would have a kinder evaluation of the Heron's MC input.

For me, taken as an MM phono stage, it is a very good sonic value. For those who warm up to the MC input, it's even better.

Cheers,
Thom @ Galibier
I agree that good SUT going to MM input is better choice than going directly to MC.. More $$$ though. I use Ypsilon MC 16 L step up, Stealth Dream V10 PC, Stealth Hyperphono and Audioquest Well IC with Herron - it is that good. I tried quite a few much more expensive phono preamps than Herron but I always have stayed with it.. Very rare in today's market..
I'm really curious to hear from anyone who has compared the VTPH-2 against other manufactures hi-end (possibly higher priced) phono offerings such as Pass Xono or XP15, BMC MCCI, Modwright SWP or PH150, Allnic H3000v... and so on.
I ended up purchasing the Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage over the Herron. I got a demo of the Zesto for $3100 (retails for $4700) which is less than the Herron at $3650. Very pleased with the Zesto - offers more loading options and awesome gain options as well. Tube Rolling is much easier and to me, it looks a lot nicer as well. Tube vs. Solid State phono amps will different, in my opinion, as to their inherent characteristics that cannot be changed. Though the Zesto is a tube, it is really quiet and the sound stage, detail, imaging is quite nice, yet remains a warmer to neutral sound. Not sure how the Herron compares to this. I know Zesto just made some recent updates to the Andros in the past year or two. Seems like the Herron has a been a similar unit for years now (not that this is a bad thing). To me, it came down to value and finding the Zesto at a great price was a no brainer. Don't think you could go wrong with either the Herron or the Zesto. Can't speak for the other manufacturer's you listed though. Others will have to chime in.