Another cartridge suggestion thread

Hi All,
I am in the market for a new cartridge and need a few suggestions to look into. I am looking for a warm low noise cart. Currently I am using an Ortofon Winfeld which I'm not totally unhappy with, but it is a little noisy and have some distortion issues. Also I want to try something a bit warmer.

Have been reading threads on the Dynavector XV-1s and the Koetsu RSP. They both sound promising. I am open for any suggestions. It is a major purchase, so I'm doing as much research as I can.

My current set up:
Brinkman Bardo
Graham supreme II
VAC Ren. mk III / with phono
VAC PHI 200
Wilson Sofia's
All Transparent cable

Music preference: Jazz, blues and female voice.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Matt
mwilliams
I own a XV-1s and I highly recommend it and I know that it works well with your Graham arm. Tracks well, low noise, and very dynamic. I would not classify it as warm though.
I don't know that the XV-1s would be much warmer than the Ortofon, more powerful probably, but not much warmer, if at all. The Koetsu will definitely be warmer, but maybe too warm.

I'll recommend the Transfiguration Proteus, nice, natural cartridge.

Love the VAC gear by the way!! I wish I could play in that league, but I'm quite happy with my Sigma 160i integrated amp.

Cheers,
John
I only mentioned the XV-1s because of its low noise capabilities.

My listening consist mainly jazz female voice so im looking for something with good midrange. That's why I was looking at the koetsu's.

Jmcgrogan,
Thanks, I will look into the Proteus. The Koetsu's seem to be a little over priced.

I came real close to buying the 160i. It just happened that I found a good deal on both units that I could not pass up. Very happy with my Vac equipment.

Matt