Linear tracking tonearms.....

I have been using Clearaudio TT2 linear tracking tonearm couple of months(on a clearaudio tt). I may clearly say that, it is better in every way then Kuzma 4point. I am aware that tt2 is 10k, 4point 6-7k, also it is possible to mention both clearaudio synergy, but outcome is same linear tracking tonearm is better, at least in my situation. Maybe it differs in others systems.

Now i have a empty armboard waiting on my turntable. I am toying with the idea a to buy a tonearm, and i am thinking to buy a linear tracking one but i had no experience with another. Which linear tracking tonearms worth to consider ? I really like to share your opinions.
altanpsx
Spiritofmusic,

Unfortunately I only had a very brief listen as I'm in the process of moving, so all my gear is packed up for a while. I definitely liked what I heard, maintaining the strengths of the Salvation (great bass, dynamic impact, black background), and building further upon those.

I'll have more impressions once I'm settled in the my new room, probably sometime later in the spring. It's a very simple upgrade to do and is reversible if you choose to go back.

Tom
I only live 70 miles from Vic, so I'll get the upgrade done at his place. Good to hear it's initially positive.
Amazing, Salvation tt/Terminator are the greatest bang for buck in analog/audio. And now, even more so.
Tms, I know you're busy with your move, but when things settle down, can you please post your thoughts on the magnetic bearing for the Salvation on my dedicated thread "Trans Fi Audio Salvation Direct Rim Drive Turntable". The thread has gone quiet of late, and I can't be seen to be the only one contributing to it, LOL!
Btw, I believe there is a brand new platter for the Salvation (check out the "Art Of Sound" forum, "Analogue Art" board, "Salvation Upgrades").
Does anyone know how changes in SRA/VTA effect overhang with the Schroeder LT arm? Overhang should be zero with linear tracking tonearms because they precisely trace the LP radius to the spindle. (I think the Schroeder traces many different radii toward the spindle, always maintaining tangency).

But changes in SRA/VTA effects overhang on pivoting arms and if the linear arms have no way to adjust overhang, then if it changes, the stylus would be tracing a line parallel to the LP radius but offset slightly which should produce tracking distortion.

I ask because I do not fully understand the mechanics of linear tracking arms.

Overhang has little to do with SRA/VTA. Linear arm can adjust overhang/underhang to zero too.

_______