Linear tracking tonearms.....

I have been using Clearaudio TT2 linear tracking tonearm couple of months(on a clearaudio tt). I may clearly say that, it is better in every way then Kuzma 4point. I am aware that tt2 is 10k, 4point 6-7k, also it is possible to mention both clearaudio synergy, but outcome is same linear tracking tonearm is better, at least in my situation. Maybe it differs in others systems.

Now i have a empty armboard waiting on my turntable. I am toying with the idea a to buy a tonearm, and i am thinking to buy a linear tracking one but i had no experience with another. Which linear tracking tonearms worth to consider ? I really like to share your opinions.
altanpsx

The current series of Clearaudio linear tonearms are NOT Souther design anymore. They are copied from the Opus3 Cantus tonearm using two rollers inside a glass tube so there's no need for bearings for the vertical movement. It's a simpler design than the Souther. The Clearaudio version seems to be higher mass than the original Cantus or maybe the ball bearings stick or dirty tube causing the lack of smoothness in horizontal movement.

_______
Hiho, I forgot about the Cantus. Not bad looking. That glass tube looks like it has the potential to resonate allot. Especially since it is cantilevered out of the base, with no support on the other end. Some of the air bearing arms look like they have the same possible design issue.
Another design point in favor of the Trans-fi. (Once again I hasten to add that I have not auditioned any LT in my system.)

Hiho, I did Google the TT2. To the uninitiated (i.e., me) it could still be confused as a modification on the Souther, but I am sure you are correct that it is not. But possibly there is some kinship between Souther and Canthus. Anyway, you seem to concur that low compliance is an advantage in order to overcome some frictional issue.

I have nothing against Trans-Fi but I just personally prefer NOT to use any air-pump in audio and I'm sure I am not alone in this thinking. The Cantus and Clearaudio products provide alternatives to the air-bearing genre for people like me. I am glad the Schröder LT added one more option... if I can ever afford one. The Cantus is very reasonably priced -- from what I know, below 1000 clams -- and very diy-able.

______
I will fourth the recommendation of the TransFi arm. I have used it for about 4 years, first on Michell Gyro table and 2 years ago went to the Transfi Salvation. I am currently using the Ortofon PW cartridge. Both the Transfi arm and Salvation table sound fantastic and are one of the best deals in the industry.