To those with multiple tables/arms/cartridges

How do you 'play' your system?
For 30 years I had only one turntable, one arm and one cartridge......and it never entered my mind that there was an alternative?
After upgrading my turntable nearly 5 years ago to a Raven AC-3 which allowed easy mounting of up to four tonearms......I decided to add two arms.
RAVEN
A few years later I became interested in Direct Drive turntables and purchased a vintage 30 year old Victor/JVC TT-81 followed shortly after by the top-of-the-line TT-101 and I designed and had cast 3 solid bronze armpods which I had lacquered in gloss black.
TT-101
By this time I had over 30 cartridges (both LOMCs and MMs) all mounted in their own headshells for easy interchange.
STORAGE

Every day I listen to vinyl for 3-4 hours and might play with one cartridge on one arm on one table for this whole day or even two or three days.
I then might decide to change to a different arm and cartridge on a the same table or perhaps the other.....and listen to the last side I had just heard on the previous play.
I am invariably thrilled and excited by the small differences in presentation I am able to hear....and I perhaps listen to this combination for the next few days before again lusting after a particular arm or cartridge change?

Is this the way most of you with multiple cartridges/arms listen?......or are there other intentions involved?
128x128halcro
Dear Manitunc, 'Hearing a difference is not the same as making qualitative observations'? What purpose than have the carts comparisons? I don't believe that there are quantitative comparisons of any kind involved. Except the price difference of course. My experience is that an exceptional cart is immediately perceived but because there are also other 'exceptional carts' we want to know which one is better. There is no other way to decide then to compare them. Well your method with two identical tonearms and other 'identical' conditions is of course the best thinkable. But others my prefer to own two different tonearms. I think that both choices are, uh, 'legitimate'. Besides there are no certainties in our hobby as there are none in science.
I am not sure I got your email at all. I did have an email from Nikola in the last few months, and perhaps he can remind me if he asked me about selling my Denon DP80 in that exchange. Somehow I don't think that was the subject. But I have not changed my email address in forever.

Oddly enough, my Denon DP80 is up for sale on Audiogon, unless the ad expired already.
Nandric,
Yeah, I get that. In fact, one of my other tables has a replaceable headshell for that very purpose, and I have about 10 cartridges premounted on headshells that I change out once in a while just for giggles. that is certainly easier than going through a full install, and I dont think there is any huge loss in quality from a fixed headshell arm.
Dear Nandric and Don (sounds like a 70s rock duo), I owe you guys an apology. Last night I saw that each of you did send an email to my little used gmail account. I rarely even look over there, because I do not give that address out, ever. In fact, I don't know how you guys found it, unless it is linked via Audiogon. But to my knowledge, Audiogon is linked to my regular Yahoo account, which I look at every day. Anyway, I now will respond, but based on what I wrote yesterday, you would have an inkling of my intent. Perhaps Don and I missed the boat, as it were.
My advice to comrade Don was/is based on my knowledge that
Bill Thalman is/was involved by all Lew's TT's. But my interest in Lew's gear apply primary to those (huge) Beveridge speakers. If I would dare to ask I would but I am reluctant to do so.