Buying A Cartridge Direct From Japan

Seems like there can be some decent savings when buying certain cartridges directly from Japan, vs buying from here in the US. Since I'm just learning about cartridges, would there be any kind of difference between a Japan model and a US model, maybe electrically or something, that would prevent using a Japan model here in the US? I would think they would be exactly the same, but I want to be sure before I maybe do anything. Thanks.
duvallite
Post removed 
Have bought from 2Juki several times- have never been disappointed.

Good Listening

Peter
buying used carts is always a very delicate matter. I know that it became very popular in the MM arena. But regarding MC carts from my personal experiences I would be very careful with certain platforms in Japan like
otomon_vintage. Usally the are not operated by Japanese. Having lived in Japan I know the difference and how it works. Japanese are very honest and trustworthy people in general.
I would prefer 2Juki or TopClass Audio (both Hongkong based). I also made good experiences with other sellers in HKK and Australia and also with Joynetcafe in Japan. Hope this helps.
I've received two from 2juki and he is a very professional plus trustworthy person. Would purchase from again. Listening to my RP6 with GT ref sub platter and the AT 33PTG/II and could not be happier with the combo.