Jean Nantais Lenco Reference mk. ii user feedback

Happy New Year fellow Audiogoners - I am looking for feedback from anyone using a Jean Nantais Lenco Reference mk.ii turntable. Additionally, I am hoping you can provide information as to your tonearm and cartridge along with what base/stand you use to support the turntable? I look forward to your timely replies. Thanks in advance, Rich
rmarcus5757
I think it's a different idler wheel. This from Jean in an email in November: "I just finished designing, having made and testing a new ultra-high-accuracy idler wheel, the last of the MKII modifications." After reviewing other emails from him, I find no mention of titanium, so I'm not sure where I got that bit. Must have imagined it, I guess.
Makes sense, because now I think I recall that Jean was one of a few guys who did not like the idea of a titanium idler wheel. Wonder what happened to Mirko. He was making quite a few products for Lenco, Garrard, and Thorens TD124, up to and including new platters.
Mirko I think maybe now exclusive to one of the newer re-builders of lenco TT and others

Lawrence
Fidelity Forward
The Nantais wheel, is just that: his own design. Not procured elsewhere, but designed and made here in Ontario. The idler wheel bearing is new, as well as the special rubber compound used for better grip. He also modifies the speed control mechanism so that the wheel is lifted away from the drive rod at the 16 RPM setting to prevent flat spots from developing when the TT is not in use.