Tonearm clips too big, suggestions?

The clips that connect the tonearm to the cartridge are too big. I don't want to squeeze them, I'm afraid I'll crush them. Is there another way? A contact fluid? It's a Lyra Helikon cart. and a Linn Akito tonearm.
dreadhead
Hi Dreadhead, I believe most folks around here will tell you to insert a toothpick into the open end of the clip and squeeze gently with a pair or needle-nose pliers. This has always worked for me, being careful to go slowly and gently. But the few slips I've had indicate that these little buggers are a bit more robust than they look.

-Bob
Post removed 
I don't ever recall Elizabeth and me agreeing about anything, so you can probably take this one to the bank, Dreadhead! :-)

-Bob
contact fluid won't help you out on this case...they are designed to bridge the molecular gaps between the metals that are closely/tightly in contact...not bridging metals that aren't or are loosely in contact....
Hesson11 nailed it... or rather, toothpicked it.

I use a ROUND, WOOD toothpick. Round is the shape you want. Unlike plastic, wood compresses a little under pressure - which gives you fine control of just how much reshaping you apply to the clip.