When buying through Agon a buyer should always-

contact the seller using the "Contact Seller" through the Agon system.

A member here on Agon had his Agon account hacked by an identity thief.

The thief posted a fraudulent ad using the Agon member's username and account information.

The thief also used his own email address in the ad to contact him with any questions. That was convenient of him....

The buyer is out $8,000 + dollars.

Always use the "Contact Seller" through the Agon system.

If you do not use Paypal to buy, make damn sure the seller is the real deal! You could be out $8,000 + bucks.

For those interested check out AA General forum.
jea48
Jea48, I’m sure the Audiogon community appreciates you bringing attention to this scam. Here are some issues that would put a question in my mind.

Pay methods - Money Order/Certified Check (in context with other info)
Ships from - Germany (Going to Seller Information/Classic Profile/Discussion Posts, shows Country as USA)
You will get full warranty - Some exceptions, but warranties are usually not transferable.
An 8 month old unit for 1/3 of retail
And as you said, the contact email in the ad.

Too many questions for one ad, now it’s a red flag.
Tls49,

Ya, all that and still some sucker bought the thing and sent the scammer over $8,000 dollars cash.

Now the buyer is emailing the true Agon member through the Agon message system demanding his money back.
Tls49,

Ships from - Germany (Going to Seller Information/Classic Profile/Discussion Posts, shows Country as USA)

That's easy..... Ya, I moved to Germany a year ago and just never got around to updating my profile and forgot all about it. I need to get that done. Thanks for reminding me.

Remember the bogus Emm Labs XDS1 unit is 220-240V. What's the voltage in Germany?
There's a guy on ebay that I've reported 7 times in the past few months selling Wilson Sophia's for 2500.00 He hijacks other sellers accounts with lots of feedback. He also puts his email in the heading which is against ebay rules. He's trying to get presonal info and account info. Each time I report the problem I suggest that ebay put in his heading that it is a fraud in big letters to warn others, but they simply remove the add. I've even seen bids made. Be careful, and yes, use paypal tied to a credit card.