New Schroeder linear tonearm, any thoughts?

I noticed Frank Schroeder has a new linear arm without servo motors, pumps, etc. seems like a promising direction. Did anyone hear it at RMAF?
crubio

The pivoting cantilevered plate that holds the arm has a guiding mechanism underneath it that extends to the back of the arm in parallel with the arm that points to one of the 3 points in the Thales circle. I know Frank's arm does not exactly use the Thales geometry but it is the reference to check for absolute tangency. Think of the Thales tonearm by Michel Huber in reverse. Instead of pivot the headshell with a guiding rod, the Schröder arm pivots at the arm-base. Frank is clever enough to conceal all the extra stuff underneath that plate that holds the armlift. And it's aesthetically pleasing. I wish there's a close up picture that shows all the mechanics but so far it's a trade secret. All I know it's done magnetically to have the least friction. If you're familiar with the Garrard Zero 100 tonearm, there's a guiding rod along with the main armwand and the Schröder uses the same concept except it done at the arm base area. Again, if you have the time, check out my thread in diyaudio forum.

Here are couple pictures:
http://i43.tinypic.com/9sxnh3.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2d11ocz.jpg

The segment from point B to point D is where the guiding mechanism is.

_______
Right Crubio....there are 2 bottom lines here. How does it sound, and how dependable is it over time. (damage if any to cartridge)
Why would there be any damage to the cartridge? Frank's moving pivot necessarily offers LESS resistance to longitudinal forces seen by the stylus than any fixed pivot.

Any arm with a fixed pivot (including traditional linear trackers) offers 100% resistance to longitudinal forces. On Frank's arm, these longitudinal forces are reduced by the extent they're used to move the pivot, leaving less force to be seen by the stylus.

The tonearms we all own impose greater longitudinal forces on the stylus than Frank's new design. If anything, this should result in longer cartridge life, not shorter.

As to how it sounds, I have no idea!
Doug,
You nailed it. As to how it sounds, it should satisfy the most discerning audiophile. That would surely include Doug Deacon. ;)