Ebay LP Purchases

I am just getting back into vinyl after many years. There are a number of albums from the 1970's I would like to (re)purchase. What has been your experience on buying used vinyl on ebay? Any tips or warnings? Do sellers overstate the condition? Thanks in advance.
teeshot
I do ebay, set sales, buy lots of new music and do discogs.com. I buy from stores, both new and used stuff.

Also have run a record label, Load Records , though its noisy music and this forum does seem to trend towards tamer sounds.
Thanks for the informative responses. I am heartened that so many people have had good experiences.
I have used both EBay and Amazon. I found Amazon to be easier to deal with especially when it comes to returns. BUT, you should remember that what is VG+ or E to you may not match the sellers criterion. I have found that most dealers on line are giving a visual rating. Just because it looks good doesn't mean is sounds good. I always send an email asking the seller to play the record and report on the condition before I buy.

Searching for vinyl becomes an addiction that borders on obsession so buying from a brick and mortor store where you can physically listen to the record before you buy is the best way to obtain quality vinyl.
I think Ebay recently tighten up the selling standards and threatened to cut off sellers who get bad feedback as I was told by a few dealers I bought from.I look for close to 100% positive and a return policy.Also if in doubt I ask questions.So far I've been doing very well,or course there will be a dishonest seller overgrading rubbish but with return policy you only lose postage.I find Ebay today pretty good,I far cry from 20 years ago buying from Goldmine,incredible overgraded rubbish,I just stopped.