How can I tell what version of an LP is best ?

After 27 years I am coming back to vinyl . Should've never left !
Anyway , I would like to know if there is some kind of rating service , web site etc. that rates the different LP pressings. When I left , most everything was just the original cut . Now I see remasters , UK versions , Japanese versions and etc. I have some original albums that are just sublime and some that are , well not so much . I have heard three different versions of a Doors
CD that were all bad quality .
Does such a service exist ?

Thank You
saki70
I'd like to believe gold standard should be audio reproduction closest to music performed live regardless of tube or SS or needle or laser or vinyl or compact disc - but your point well taken.
Moonglun totally agree,
My respects for youd knowledge in the analog field, i just learned more than a few things....
Analog fan here even with hi end dac and cds on aiff.
Nothing like the old pressing on harbeth with luxman via rega p5.
Super
First , thank you for your opinions and info .
I did not mean to diss or run down CD's . I have some that are better than the LP's of the same album . Mainly what I am refering to is what I call 'compressed and lifeless' . This is what I was refering to above when I mentioned the three CD's of the Doors . I also have some vinyl that has the same characteristics . It tends to take the enjoyment out of listening to the music as it does not
have any life to it .
I will not say that LP's are better than CD's . They are different and more to my and my wifes liking . We could tell this right off when we fired up our new turntable !
Much in the same way that we prefer tubes to SS .

I started this thread to alleviate the purchase of undesirable LP's.
While I can appreciate the excitement of the hunt for some of you , it is not always fun , exciting or even possible for others . Most of my hunting , these days , is done on line . Thanks again .

Happy Tunes
Find a good local record store. I am lucky to have a few in the Seattle area. It is more fun to thumb through the "bargain bins" thansearch for the best pressings of X.
Generally the original one is the best (higher frequencies, tonal colors), of course, there will be always some exceptions but I never had a top Reissue from a inferior Original. When you have a very good Reissue, then the Original Master or Copy is also excellent. A lot of knowledge died when the Plants closed, based on that, lots of reissues are noisy, or can be silent, but then they can sound dead and boring in comparison to an Original. And indeed, sometimes CD's aren't that bad...