Shelter 501Mk2 or ZYX R100-02H

I`m in a quandary...

Shelter 501Mk2 ($938) or ZYX R100-02H ($860)... Which cartridge is preferable for me?
I use: Avid Volvere turntable + SME-309 tonearm + EAR-834P Deluxe and I listen rock music (from art-rock to metal)...

I hope for your help...

Thanks!
typhon1973
Not sure I can help with that specific comparison, but you might want to contact Mehran at Sorasound to get an idea of his impressions. dougdeacon here has also written a good deal about ZYX carts, you could look at some of his post too. Not sure if he listened to the R100.

Also, I get the impression that in general, the low output ZYX carts are more highly thought of than the high output.

Again, NO direct experience here, but these were impressions I picked up when considering the purchase of a 4D (which is freaking incredible!).
Thanks for the advice, but Sora Sound is interested party...
Opinion of Auduogoners is more interesting for me...
:-)))
On an Avid the ZYX will be too live and revealing for Rock. I would go for Shelter.
I contacted the seller of the cartridges... 2juki from eBay...
He answer me that ZYX R100-02 with a low output is better than Shelter 501Mk2.
His response word for word: "ZYX R100-02L will be better, you can get more sweet and warm sound from song and detail from music".
Yes, but more info even from an interested party is still a useful data point. The mistake is to not take into account just that party's opinion.

Not sure if Pani has heard the specific cart in question that you are asking about, but from reading XYX reviews it seems that they differ across the range with regard to the how live and revealing ia specific cart model is. For example, see dougdeacon's review of the 4D, where he compares it to the UNIverse and concluded that the 4D is a better rock cart.